AVIC411.com

The Core Media Player on 900bt

Since my technical skills on this matter are close to cero, mabye there's someone here that knows if this would work.

I find there's a lack of decoding video capabilities built in my 900bt. I supose most of the other f series as well.

Looking for codecs for WinCE i found this:

http://www.coreplayer.com/

Which has all the decoding capabilities I need.

It's built for WindowsCE but I don`t know if it will work on the 900bt since I don't know what processor it uses.

What do you guys think.

I beleive it is ARM, the manual says Centrality Titan 600Mhz (SiRF) the CPU core is ARM. Leetcoder has created leetlauncher which includes Coreplayer. I don't know if you could simply add the coreplayer app and launch it, I'd love to use that app as my media player since it can display album art for MP3's, whole lot cheaper than having to get an iPOD for that function.

I know that the 'MainMenu' app on the AVIC communicates with some of the other apps (EZRider is a good example) and if those apps don't maintain an 'I am working' signal/handshake back to MainMenu then the system reboots (assuming an app crash).

Whether the mediaplayer also handshakes with the MainMenu and will require such code I don't know but, would assume it to be the biggest hurdle in any mods that are code based (compared to the graphics based ones we normally use).