AVIC411.com

Another Question for the Z110BT community: Remote Mute

Hi guys,

Another question due to a nuance I have noticed on my Z110BT.

I have my steering wheel controls routed into the Z110BT via the PAC SWI-PS. I have set the Mute control to "all", which fully mutes the audio source when making a phone call, etc., instead of the -10dB or -20dB. When I get a phone call, etc., it works correctly, and I don't hear anything. However, when I push the mute button on my steering wheel control, the audio is attenuated (probably -10 or -20 dB), but not completely muted.

Has anyone noticed similar behavior? Is there a different way to adjust the mute level when the remote-control interface is used for mute?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I think u can go into your settings and set how much the MUTE button mutes out... Goto page 161-162 in your manual... :lol:

I think the problem is with the SWI-PS sending the ATT command to the remote input instead of the MUTE command, so it doesnt matter what you set for the degree of "Mute" ala page 161.... with my chevy conversion van, the SWI-PS is VERY tempramental... the MUTE button often has to be held for several seconds to actuate a ATT function, and several seconds again to deactivate it. And the other commands were VERY hit n miss and required multiple attempts at programming. Ultimately, if I want a true "mute' i have to hit the button on the HU.