AVIC411.com

Palm Treo 700w disconnects from Bluetooth

I agree with Nick...I also had the 700W...as I've stated in several posts...and it WAS/IS a Piece of Crap not only for the Bluetooth.

Do yourself a favor and get the xv6700 or get a plain cell phone with bluetooth. Palm has ALWAYS had problems with bluetooth and their signal strength. Since switching to the 6700 I have only had one dropped call where with the 700W and 650 I was dropping about every 3 calls.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name="stoveken"]we had the same problem at my shop. i think the palm shuts the blutooth off to save power. the blue tooth shortens my motorola i870 battery life to about half. i turn it off when i am not in the blue tooth vehicle. jim stoveken@cox.net[/quote]

it shortens everyones battery...and, you should turn bluetooth off when your not using it, otherwise, it's fairly easy for someone to grab your contact info, etc.....that's what happened to Paris Hilton one time.

I turn bluetooth off whenever I'm not using it on my Sprint ppc6700...actually,I have a program called 'phone arlam', which turns it off and on at set times during the day...for example...

at 6am, it turns it on as I get into my car to drive to work....it turns it off at 7am, turns it back on at 12pm for lunch, turns it off after lunch and turns it on at 5pm leavng from work and finally turns it off at 6pm.
i also have the samsung i730 from verizon. I have the saem problems you guys have. it pairs fine, i can transfer address fine. i can send and recieve calls fine but its seems like after anout a minute the z1 drops the connection. The caller is still there but i have to switch to the phone itself. Even the stereo is still muted i just lose the voice. The icon to disconnect is even still there and if i push it the call ends. its just the voice opart that goes away.
I have both phones and the x6700 seems to do better then the 700W but they both disconnect from time to time.. They both use Windows Mobile 5.0 so hardware and all that not really a issue its the software. We write code for our office users and one thing we notice is as on any cell phone the cell looks for a connection IE your girlfriend hangs up your phone will auto disconnect. Same with BT if it loses connection for a second it will have to reconnect. I have tested it and it will return to the call after about 2 minutes... Really strange and it happens more with the Treo 700W
[quote name="dwhitley0381"]I have both phones and the x6700 seems to do better then the 700W but they both disconnect from time to time.. They both use Windows Mobile 5.0 so hardware and all that not really a issue its the software. We write code for our office users and one thing we notice is as on any cell phone the cell looks for a connection IE your girlfriend hangs up your phone will auto disconnect. Same with BT if it loses connection for a second it will have to reconnect. I have tested it and it will return to the call after about 2 minutes... Really strange and it happens more with the Treo 700W[/quote]

Sorry to tell you but Verizon has a HOLD on Bluetooth, meaning you have to get them to release it or ssomething like that. Go Cingular!!!

I do!!