AVIC411.com

F500BT 3.0 PLT and APL dump..

I have current maps. I have the Avic customized, skin and others, but what I want, is upgrade to 3.0, as if I had bought the CNSD 150.

The problem is that in Spain, the update costs 195 €, about $ 273, far from the $ 60 it cost in the U.S., and I think that is theft. If those costing $ 60-80, would you buy, no doubt.

I read a lot, took a year in this forum and read a lot before you ask, but right now I'm exhausted from so much reading, and understand that I am translating with Google continually posts, and it becomes a bit complicated.

If you have some clear steps, I appreciate that post, because I do not know where to shoot.

Anyway, I keep reading ...

Thank you!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Download the file listed in this post and then get to the service menu hold Power and Reset for 5 sec.

Passcode is MAP,MAP,MENU,Enter (center of joystick),MENU,Enter. Once in Service Menu the reset button is the only way of navigating. Short push move through options. Push and hold for 1/2 sec selects option.

You will figure out what to do from there.

Okay, thank you very much for your help.

Right now I'm upgrading. I updated the file with WinCE Russian, and now I am copying the maps and others.

One question I have is that in System, before upgrading, the version was version 5.0 and now continues to 5.0, but the system seems different. There are more icons on the desktop and testmode not work, I had to put Tesmode 2.3 (go scare me because I hit there was no way to boot ...)

Those things make me think that Windows was updated but the version says otherwise ...

Is it normal? Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Are you talking Pioneer software or Windows? Because Pioneer version if it is 3.02, but Windows 5.0, though I see the system differently.

Pioneer software I used for the 3.02 update there on the web of Pioneer. I imagine that will be the same as that of the 910 which you mention, not where it is.

Thanks

Are you saying that the version of wince in not showing up on the gps after update. If so all you need to do is copy the apl folder from where ever you got your new igo from. I'm guessing you just copied over the apl2 folder to your gps right. It will then show up. No big deal thought. It is still updated even thought you don't copy the apl.

P.S. I hope you don't plan on using leetlauncher now. It will not work with the new wince.

Ha ha, thanks for telling me about Leetlauncher. I will not use it. I bought a Pioneer for using a Pioneer, not a Tom Tom or Garmin ... Thank you.

Regarding the WinCE version shown, I see on Windows-Settings-Control Panel-System, and there is Version 5.0.

Anyway, now I can only boot Windows with testmode 2.3, (before could only do so with testmode 1) so I suppose you enough to know that Windows is updated, they?

I completely erased the folder My Flash Disk, and I copied everything that appears on the website of Pioneer Update 3.02, add maps, voices, etc.. Then all the folders APL, APL2, etc, are new.

I guess this way is correct.

By the way, all this would be valid for a F900? O WinCE files are different ...

Thank you, I'm helping too many people, so in my name and in theirs, thanks! :mrgreen:

I would not try to update wince on those. You can update the maps thought. I'm almost sure that wince version is just for the f500. You may find one on here somewhere thought. Have to look arround.

P.S. just did a search on this site and found an update for those gps's. Good luck. I don't have any experience with those so I can't help too much. Just read all the post first and then only if you feel confortable that you know what you are doing you can move forward.

Hi all. I just bought my F500BT and upgraded it to 2.006 from the Pioneer website. I would like to update the maps to 3.0. I have downloaded a pile of different versions and everytime I copy the APL2 folder I can't get past the system startup screen. Tried different liciense, changed to the 749, tried different easyrider.exe. Do I need to upgrade ce? I'm not a programmer or hacker but know the basics. I read almost the whole forum and am just confused. Just looking for a simple upgrade to 3.0 before I order mine. $120 I want to see if its worth buying. Thanks for any help.

First of all you don't need to install the wince upgrade. More complicated for nothing. Did not see a difference. You need to download the files in the f500bt 3.0 upgrade thread. Just read all of it and you will figure it out. You can start at page 4 and on. http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25838&start=45. It come with the 2008 maps. You probably downloaded the 2009 maps and all you have to do is before you copy over apl2 folder to gps, replace the map, poi and building folders from the new maps. Oh ya don't forget to download the world licence and copy it over to the licence folder and your licence as well. That may be the reason your gps is not booting.