AVIC411.com

Stolen D-3

Hey everyone,

So today I came out to my 2006 Ford Mustang to see my drivers side window smashed and my entire dash board and center console tore up. Once I looked inside my D3 had been ripped out and taken, as well as my Sirius radio, my laptop, school books/bookbag, iPod(which was connected to the D3 in the glove box) and a bunch of other assorted items. Anyway, the officer told me if i still had the box my D3 came in and any paperwork to try to get the serial number to call and report it to the police station. That way if they tried to pawn it or anything they might be able to track the number. I realize the chances of this happening are slim, but my questions are:

Where would the serial number be listed, besides on the console itself? I have the box it came in, and all of the papers that came in that box.

While I hope you havent, has anyone else had their aftermarket stereo system stolen, how did you get compensated through your insurance company? I took it to Best Buy after taking it to the body shop since they said they wouldnt be able to estimate the cost of replacing the D3, Viper alarm system, and Sirius radio since they dont deal with any of that. Best Buy wrote up some papers for me, but just listed "comparable units" to the D3 and the other accessories since they dont stock them anymore.

I appreciate all of your suggestions in advance.

I think thats all the questions I had, I may post more later, its been a rough day and my mind is all over the place. Thanks everyone and I hope you never have to experience what I did today.

The serial should be on the front of the box. It will have the manufactured date and clearly state SER.NO. Also, if you still have your receipt it will probably have the serial on it as well. I have Geico insurance. As long as you you inform them ahead of time that you have custom equipment in the car that you want covered you are good to go. Show them the police report and photos of the damage and they will cut you a check. Good luck with this horrible situation. I sincerely hope the bastard that victimized you gets whats coming to him.

Thanks VBlue,

Anyone else out there who has had there D3 (or any other aftermarket part) stolen? My insurance company keeps telling me they are gonna have to see whether or not it will be covered. Id just like to be as prepared as usual when I talk to them, and if any of you out there have advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Zach

with a fairly new car, i would assume that you have full coverage, and as policies due differ from company to company, an installed radio is usually covered up to a certain amount, however there is usually a limit to how much stuff is covered that is not bolted down, there shouldnt be any thing for the company to figure out, it is either somthing that is covered or its not.

i'm not gonna lie, the security thing is pretty much useless since the theif wont know about it until after they rape your car and take it, then so what if they cant use it, you car is still dammaged and you still need to replace the unit, hell the theif is probably just going to steal it even if it cant be used, then they will sell it to some dumba$$ just so they can go buy another crackrock for the night. then what happens when you do forget the password, i cant even tell you how many threads i've read about people who have set then forgot there passwords and want to find a way around it, i do admit, it makes me laugh every time