AVIC411.com

Get F series or shoot for the newer series?

I had a Avic-D3 for about 2 years and loved it.. except for having to swap Navi discs and movies back and forth :/

I realize the F900/F90 series don't have that problem anymore with the built-in memory for maps. I also like the built in BT over the D3 external option.

My main concern is.. is there anything compelling about the newer 09 series of Navigation units that will me make me say "Darn, I should have waited!" ???

Thanks,

Jay

Oh, does the F series charge the iPhone 3g and 3gs natively now? I remember my first gen iphone charged fine on my D3 but when I got the 3g, it wasn't supported anymore.. is this fixed?

I have a x910bt and a 3gs. The units works flawlessly in every way with the phone. Bluetooth is excellent, it charges like it should, contacts show up on the unit, song choice is fast and easy, and video works perfectly. You will not be disapointed

I work for a mobile electronics company and i can tell you that the F900s have A LOT of problems internally. things that software will not fix. I would recommend going for the X910 or the X710 rather than the F900. almost every F900 that we installed has come back with issues. and even the exhanged we got from Pioneer have come back with the same issues. Doesnt leave the customer very happy.

Again, I highly recommend the X series over the F series.

I want to replace my D3 too. Does the new X910BT display ipod video with a new ipod?

And does anything besides only dvd video get displayed on rear headrest monitors?

I want something that can display anything on them on a constant basis like music

visualizers or something cool like my rear-cam.