AVIC411.com

Delayed Power Down of Z1 after Ignition is off.

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the AVIC world and joined with a Z1 installed by a shop (Car Toys) here in Dallas in a 2004 TownCar. I'm still learning how to use it and have benefitted much from discussion on this site. So thanks for all the information.

I looked and didn't see anything on this topic, so here it goes...

One of the features I lost when moving from the factory radio was :

When I turn off the car, the power windows and radio are all still active until someone opens a door. Then everything shuts down.

With the new Z1, After I turn off the engine, the Z1 powers down instantly. No delay. I can still operate the windows as before, but not the Z1.

I talked to the guy that installed the unit and he said that was something that would be gone. I think there must be a way. Anyone overcome this issue on their install?

Thanks in advance,

Take it back to the shop that installed it for you and have them hook it up correctly. I don't know what the name of the wire you need to have them change, but it's the same power wire that you use to roll the widows up until you open the door, or usually, at least mine does, it will shut after 5 minutes.

I have an 06 F150 CrewCab, and mine from the factory worked that way, and after my install, it still works that way.