AVIC411.com

From my experience the VSS wire on the F/X series is not activated. Connecting it does nothing.

It actually does - it keeps the speed sensor and distance travelled accurate when you in a tunnel or area with lots of buildings or trees that may cause loss of SAT connection! Also will enable the 3D calibration mode to give better results and also angle!

Although that is stated in the documentation of the unit it actually appears to nothing. I have tested it across two different units and it never appeared to work while in a parking garage. It also makes no sense that the F/X 700 series has no VSS but the F/X 900 series does. They have the exact same software. Keep in mind these units also have digital audio outputs on them that do nothing as well.

Well I guess i have only sold the 900 series and z series - I have never sold teh 700 since we dont stock it for the price diff is not by much here :lol:

So for all the ones I have installed the VSS has made a difference since I have only sold 900/910 F series, Z1/2/3 Z110, series and N1/2/3/4/5 + D1/2/3 series!

On my f10bt I am yet to get to vss wire hooked up (awaiting canbus adapter). I have noticed that the road angle is always flat on the 3d calibration screen. Is this Reading derived from the other sensors and hence without the speedpulse cannot do it, or is there a fault with the sensor?

Rob

I have the Z110BT and the angle sensor worked for me even before the VSS wire was hooked up. In my car though it shows me going up hill a lot of the time while on a flat surface, but not always. The VSS shouldn't affect the angle, that is calculated by the gyro sensor in the unit.

I can confirm that in a parking garage the VSS wire/3D calibration on the Z indeed does make a difference as VBLUE42 has stated, but I have no experience with any other unit as this is my first.