AVIC411.com

Trying to decide F90BT or X910BT, price is no object

Im looking at getting either a f90bt or an x910bt. I have been able to find both around the same price and i have a few questions. Does the f series really have that many more problems than the x series? WHat about a refurbished f90bt? and also i cant seem to find any pics, but does the knob light on the x910 change colors with the rest of it? i have only seen pics with it blue, and that will contrast with my interior. thanks to any who help.

• 3 weeks later...
If price really is no object, get the Z110BT.

If you have an iPhone 3G or newer, go with the x910BT for the updated apple hardware chip, otherwise, if you can get the F90BT + 3.0 update for less than the X910BT, do that, since you'll have the iPod cable, and higher voltage pre-outs.

Whats the purpose of the higher voltage pre-outs?

Whats the purpose of the higher voltage pre-outs?

High power pre-out are better, they send cleaner sound and more higher signal to your amps. This means you don't have to turn up the volume to achieve the same sound with as a unit that doesn't have high power pre-outs.

If price really is no object, get the Z110BT.

I agree...if money is no object get the Z110BT... much better unit and smooth running unit. The only downside is that you have to buy the MSN Direct unit separately but don't waste your time on it anyways since Microsoft will no longer be offering there service after Jan 1st 2912. I would look into the XM Traffic.