AVIC411.com

HD Radio? Yes / No...

So, do you guys recommend the HD radio reciever for the z110, or not? Is the preset or lack of preset ability a real pain in the butt or is it just an inconvience? And would it be better to just stay with XM and regular AM / FM radio, instead of purchasing the HD? All comments would be most appreciated, thanks all...

Honestly, any monkey will get used to the preset issue because we as monkeys have all driven stock radios/rental cars that only have those crazy plastic 1-6 buttons and we all manage to function those perfectly fine. The question is whether or not you should deal with those limitations after paying actual money for the HD tuner. Shoud you? No! Will you get used to it? YES. Is it worth $50-100 for "clearer" radio? Your call!!!

The one bonus to having HD is when you switch between sources there are less to switch between. On my car one of the steering wheel buttons will change sources (with the wiring kit I got) and having multiple FM's and AM to go through is annoying ( I disconnected my HD to see what the FM presets were like). I have XM and Iphone which I am usually using...

• 2 weeks later...