AVIC411.com

Stop audio muting with nav directions?

Is it possible to just lower the volume on the music when nav directions are being given as opposed to muting completely?

Yes, and it is even described in the manual...

Although I admit I didn't look through the manual I could not find an option in the setup screens for it. Option to change the voice volume and to mute guidance, but my unit insists on muting all other audio when giving directions, drive the wife potty!

• 2 weeks later...

I found the option people mention (as above), however this and a number of other buttons on that menu page are greyed out for me so I can't turn of the mute function! Think it maybe something to do with the firmware version? Mine is running 2.0009 (I think, not the latest official uk release, the one before). Going to try upgrading it to a hacked 3.0 and see if that resolves it. Hope so as I just bought a second unit for my other car!

I found the option people mention (as above), however this and a number of other buttons on that menu page are greyed out for me so I can't turn of the mute function! Think it maybe something to do with the firmware version? Mine is running 2.0009 (I think, not the latest official uk release, the one before). Going to try upgrading it to a hacked 3.0 and see if that resolves it. Hope so as I just bought a second unit for my other car!

if there are options that are greyed out, sounds like the parking brake is not set or the unit is not bypassed

if there are options that are greyed out, sounds like the parking brake is not set or the unit is not bypassed

Parking brake wire is earthed, so this shouldn't be an issue.

I also tried turning off the audio source, still greyed out!

Parking brake wire is earthed, so this shouldn't be an issue.

I also tried turning off the audio source, still greyed out!

did you also move and ground (earth) the mute wire?

• 2 weeks later...

I figured this out, as like everyone else I was thinking it was calling for the Aux 1 and Aux 2 to be set to none, this is not the case. Just the source has to be off. So in example if you are listing to the radio, click the fm icon to bring up the selection screen for XM, FM, Ipod etc., then choose source off in the bottom right hand corner (this is coming from memory so if im a little off im sorry), then you should be able to go into the settings and choose whichever setting you would like. I have mine set to ATTN now.

Just thought I would help.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I figured this out, as like everyone else I was thinking it was calling for the Aux 1 and Aux 2 to be set to none, this is not the case. Just the source has to be off. So in example if you are listing to the radio, click the fm icon to bring up the selection screen for XM, FM, Ipod etc., then choose source off in the bottom right hand corner (this is coming from memory so if im a little off im sorry), then you should be able to go into the settings and choose whichever setting you would like. I have mine set to ATTN now.

Just thought I would help.

this is correct. just turn source off and buttons are no longer greyed out.