AVIC411.com

Testmode with 3.0

I just updated my F900BT to 3.0.

I copied the MiTACAP and Testmode folders along with the data.zip file to an SD card so I could update the parking brake speed settings.

When I insert the SD card and turn on the ignition it does not boot in Windows CE mode. It just turns on the unit normally.

Is there a new method to boot in CE with 3.0?

Thanks.

I just updated my F900BT to 3.0.

I copied the MiTACAP and Testmode folders along with the data.zip file to an SD card so I could update the parking brake speed settings.

When I insert the SD card and turn on the ignition it does not boot in Windows CE mode. It just turns on the unit normally.

Is there a new method to boot in CE with 3.0?

Thanks.

I never got my software bypass to work. What is the MiTACAP folder? I'm I missing something?

Can someone help with this question? Once I get into CE with the Testmode file on a SD card, can I remove the SD card and stay in CE? I want to use the WIFI SD card and Opera to gain Internet access, but I need to get into CE first, then use the WIFI SD card to get WIFI. Also, If I have a CD with install files, can I load it into the CD/DVD slot and will it work as a CD drive on a PC to install files into CE?

Thanks,

Brett.....

I'm also having trouble with testmode. I did read the FAQ, but it doesn't help that it's out of date and points to a file that is a year old and probably meant for units running the 2.0 firmware (I have 3.01).

Anyway, I downloaded the file that SkunkApe linked to and put it in the root directory of a freshly-formatted SD card, but my F700BT does not boot into testmode. The strange thing is I had no trouble accessing testmode in order to update my firmware to 3.0, then to update it to 3.01, and finally to back up and then update my maps to the 2009.6 versions. It's just that ever since I updated my maps to 2009.6, my navi no longer remembers its settings. It remembers my nav favorites, contacts, and radio presets, but it forgets my sound settings, illumi-color, and probably several other settings that I haven't tested. I wanted to move a few files over, including Basemap.fbl (which I accidentally deleted when I updated to 2009.6), but I haven't been able to get to testmode since then.

I tried it again....and I tried extacting it myself. I got the same error. and when I saw it, I remembered that I got that error on the first one, the one I used to get into test mode! Anyway, here is the link that the guy sent me. I don't know if I copied it correctly. (we'll see)

I went back and re-read this email and this link has Testmode v2.3 in it along with a bunch of hacks, so unles you want to search "Testmode v2.3" in this forum, you will be downloading a bunch of other stuff in order to get to the testmode file in this link. I have also noticed that they are doing this a little differently. If you find a hack that you like, the chances are good that "Testmode v2.3" will be included in the hack. I have noticed that on the last two downloads, because it includes the ability to get into testmode with it.

Below are two things: another zipped testmode attachement and a link to the other post.

B....

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26446

Testmode_v2.3.rar

Well, I figured out my first problem - my testmode folder was inside another testmode folder! I must have extracted it wrong at first.

Even after I fixed that, though, I had problems. I went through something like three different testmode folders downloaded from various links on this site. I tried reformatting my SD card too. But no matter what I do, I can't get my stereo to boot into testmode again. What happens is it shows me the splash screen, and then the screen turns off and back on again. Repeat forever until I remove my key or pull the SD card.

Is there a fix for this? I can't think of what else to try. Without being able to get into testmode, I can't seem to do anything. So for now, I'm stuck with a unit that cannot remember my settings and can't take any further software updates.

The good news is it still works fine with the default software and I did manage to update my maps to 2009.6 before it stopped letting me use testmode. It still remembers my radio presets and my favorite addresses. So it's not totally useless, it's just frustrating that it doesn't seem to want to enter testmode.

How odd...Mine (by my best recollection) will enter test mode immediately after the second "Pioneer" splash screen. I also remember that my "bluetooth" light flashes at least once. I wonder if any of your settings are playing a role. I do know that my SD card is "unlocked" the little white tab is slid over away from the "Locked" position. Also, I have removed any device from the "USB" connector. Also, my "Bluetooth" "off". As far as trhe "Testmode" folder, yes, it is just the one testmode folder. Now the SD card must be a "FAT32" format. The only other thing that I would try if I was having the same issues, is to push the "Reset" button, next to the "Eject button on my F900BT. You could also try a different SD card. I am actually using a "Micro" 4gb card in a SD adapter. Another thing that I just thought of, is if you are using Vista, is to "Right Click" and verify under "Properties" that your file(s) are "Unlocked". I could verify that mine works, then mail it to you....that would be the ultimate verification! lol......

Although I doubt that I have hit on the solution, at least these are some to verify. Wish I could think of anything else. If I do, I'll post. :D

Brett.....

Well damn. I've tried pretty much everything. Just tried my original testmode folder (the one that I got with the 3.0 firmware update) on a different SD card, freshly formatted, with nothing else on it, and it still does the reboot loop. But only when I try going into testmode. The GPS still works otherwise, but as usual it's not remembering my settings and earlier today it forgot my GPS favorites as well (but it still remembers my radio presets).

At this point I'm pretty sure it has to be a problem with the unit, because I've tried everything and nothing has changed.

Is there anything I can do to possibly recover from this? What about using the WINCEIMG files I used when I updated it to 3.0? Will that somehow let me repair the WinCE installation, or will it just screw it up even more than it already is? I've heard of people getting reboot loops during normal use of the unit, but not when trying to start in testmode. So I'm just at a loss. I just feel lucky that I can keep using it, even though it's sort of limited.