AVIC411.com

D3 "Pop/Buzz" with Z110BT?

When I initially installed my D3 years back, I had this horrible feedback pop and buzz going on. A tech guy at Crutchfield told me that needed to put some kind of relay from Radioshack in line. I did it and it helped a lot, but was always still there a little bit, if you really really listened. Has anyone else experienced this and is the same "workaround" necessary for the new Z?

Yes, it has to do with your car's amplifier. If you get the proper resistor, it should take care of it

Dang. Anyone got a link to the proper install and resistor needed? It's been so long I'm sure I don't remember how to goes.

Thanks for the speedy reply BTW!

• 1 month later...
7.5k inline with the amp turn on wire will stomp out any turn on pop with all newer fords with amps. do it all the time with any aftermarket radio upgrade. its better to have no complaints. jim

Thanks for all the feedback folks, but you're all speaking a level above me. Can you tell me exactly what I need to buy (from Radio Shack I preseume) and how to "install" it?

Ever so much thanks, JR