AVIC411.com

How to: Add Scrolling text to Stanislovovich/andr2000 zip

Here's a couple pics of what this is. I'm going to paste my code that I'm using. It includes the scrolling text for the next and current street as well as the road shields. The road shields are of use especially when you're in an area that you're not familiar with. This is especially true when it's time to exit and there is no lane assistance available. Often times when there is lane assistance and your exit is the second off ramp, the lane arrows have you in the far left lanes and switch with only a half a block to the exit. To demonstrate this, simulate a route on I-94 from the north suburbs of Chicago, say 5800 Old Orchard Road in Skokie and have an end point in Lincolnwood, say 3600 w. Touhy Ave. You'll see what I mean by the lane assistance.

Comment out this code in the navigatemap800_480.ui:

;route name and housenumber(next and the third road name)

;navigation.has_route map.follow x=20 y=8   z=10 w=600

And replace with this:

;route name and housenumber(next and the third road name)

;navigation.has_route map.follow x=20 y=8   z=10 w=600

The text is also larger and different colors that work well with both night and day schemes. The "h" value in both scripts sets the height of the road shields. I found these values to work best with bar height and the size of the text. Please don't ask me how to change colors, fonts, font size, width values. All this info is readily available on this forum.

I don't use an ipod or play music through my unit, so the bottom width is pretty wide. I'm curious if you shorten it to where the music bar ends if it'll work properly.

These are currently installed on my zip that's based off of Stanislovovich's zip modified for 3.0 by andr2000.

Good Luck. Comments are welcome. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

post-24694-12872759775226_thumb.jpg

post-24694-1287275977553_thumb.jpg

post-24694-12872759775704_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
where exactly is this file located? and when you say comment the text out, do you mean delete it and overwrite it?

In the data.zip file, look for navigatemap800_480.ui

Comment out is to place a semi-colon in front of the code to be overlooked by the program. It's a good idea to leave it in in case something goes wrong and you want to revert back to the original.

Having a problem on two users with 700s reporting this problem. The shielded text is just colored in. You can see it at the top and bottom. Anyone else reporting this problem? I think I might just put a option in to toggle between shielded and non-shielded text since its working fine on my F90.

post-26802-12872759965299_thumb.jpg

Having a problem on two users with 700s reporting this problem. The shielded text is just colored in. You can see it at the top and bottom. Anyone else reporting this problem? I think I might just put a option in to toggle between shielded and non-shielded text since its working fine on my F90.

[attachment=0]photo.jpg[/attachment]

That's strange, it's coloring the shields the same color of the text. Have each user check the route info screen to see how the shields are showing there, if they're colored without the graphic I'd say there's either something corrupt with the installation or the ezrider.

Another thing to try, but I doubt it would have any effect since the shield shows properly on the road is adding to sys.txt under [MAP] shields=1 . Since you offer more than one version are both experiencing this with the same version? If so, ask them to try another one.

I think that was only needed for the older IGO's, it may be standard functionality in the newer versions.

BTW - I'm using the 500 with the official update, hacked ezrider and 3dc files, same code including visible models as the first post. I've just reduced the text a little.

shields=1 . Since you offer more than one version are both experiencing this with the same version? If so, ask them to try another one.

I was thinking the same thing here. I have already requested one do that very thing.

I think that was only needed for the older IGO's, it may be standard functionality in the newer versions.

BTW - I'm using the 500 with the official update, hacked ezrider and 3dc files, same code including visible models as the first post. I've just reduced the text a little.

How about the modded ezrider.exe for elevation? You using that one or just the regular modded ezrider?