AVIC411.com

MSN Direct Lifetime Subscription cards available.

Seriously, call them back like I did. When you cancell, they will tell you at the end, you will continue to get the service free until 1/1/12. The first guy that told me I had to get cut off sounded like he was high as a kite and then smoked one more. The second lady was nice and courteous and gave me darn near all my money back even though I have used it for 9 months. I get $116 back and keep the service. NICE!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are confusing the words subscription and service. Yes you do have to cancel your subscription but you will continue to get the service. They will refund you and still give you the service for free until 01-2012. . Call them back.

No confusion here. I was told that I had to cancel my service to get a full refund on my lifetime card or wait until 2012 and get a pro-rated refund on balance owed (which they could not tell me what that would be). I was not offered a continued service with a canceled subscription.

Did you call again? Cuz every one of us others has gotten that deal, but sometimes it takes call them a couple times and talking to someone that knows what they are doing. Their customer service deptartment is atrocious. I don't know where it is, but it's not in the US, that's for sure. If you want what we got, I'd suggest trying again.

I activated a prepaid card today, and just called customer service. The conversation went like this:

me: I want a refund on my lifetime MSN Direct activation

rep: do you want to cancel?

me: if I cancel, how long will the service remain active?

rep: the service will remain active until 1/1/2012

me: ok, I want to cancel.

rep: you activated by prepaid card? please hold while I take care of it

[~5 min hold]

rep: a check for 129.83 will be sent to (verified address) in 4-6 weeks, your confirmation number is ####. Your service will remain active until 1/1/2012.

I'd say try again. Hopefully this will help. Good luck.

I just tried again and got a full refund and full service till they close their doors in 2012!

Thanks for all that were persistent about me calling back. I'm not sure why the first two people I talked to were so unwilling to do anything for me, but the third call finally worked.

Sweeeeeeeet! Another chink out of Miscrosoft's armor. I love it. Shall we start a betting pool to guess what country their customer service is in? No Googling! My guess is the Phillipines. Whats hilarious is I spoke to probably 3-4 supervisors in the past week... they were all named Thomas... ya, right. No offense here, but I talked to one guy that could HARDLY speak English... named Peter. I just don't think his real name was Peter! :mrgreen:

Picked one up at my local BB. They had tons of them.

Called this morning to cancel. 100% refund and service will remain on until 1/1/12 as well. :D

Great. Glad to hear there are some more left out there, cuz I cannot find any more in the Denver Metro Area... nearly all of CO for that matter. BTW, I have 6 left for anyone that can't get one locally.

Cheers, JR

Picked one up at my local BB. They had tons of them.

Called this morning to cancel. 100% refund and service will remain on until 1/1/12 as well. :D

same here, they had a ton left in stock. now i just gotta call to cancel. im just waiting for it to show up on my avic. how long after activating did it take for it to show up on ur avic?

• 1 month later...