AVIC411.com

Hands Free Bluetooth poor sound quality

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Moved mic from the side upper left corner near windshield to the behind the steering wheel. So far, a marked improvement regarding people being able to understand me on the other end; however, still having problems with the VR function regarding making a call. Is there a way to establish a quick link or "favorites" on the map mode so I can quickly access particular numbers. Other than that, the system is great and is faster than my previous Z3. I just miss the quicklink to 5 favorite numbers from the map mode that I had on my Z3.

Back to the topic at hand. I have two issues

1) I have been told my BT sounds like I am in a waterfall (at the other end).

2) During a call, the person's voice cuts out frequently. Almost like it's muting the other person. This is annoying because I can only hear every other word.

Have anyone reported this to Pioneer yet?

At any speed (other than stopped) this makes my BT useless.

I have used Parrot BT devices in the past, and generally they are awesome, by Z110BT sucks!

I just installed the 110 last week. My experience has been quite the opposite. Everyone tells me that they can't even tell I am on a hands free. I have used it for hours with multiple people. I am using the factory mic on the visor. I replaced an Alpine W505 and I didn't even use hands free with it because no one could ever hear me.

Thanks for the clarification. Mine is setup on the overhead console, next to the map light. About 12" away when I drive. Maybe this is too far away.

I have a feeling there will be more noise next to the pillar, but I could be wrong.

How close is your mic?

I read in another forum (U-series I think) where they were having the same issue, of bad-sound on the other end.

A few people purchased Garmin mics $12.99 @ Frys, and it cured the problem. I purchased one today, will try having it installed this week.. Will report back what happens.

I just installed this unit in my Corvette C5 convertible. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing poor VR performance with this thing, but very disappointed that I am, nonetheless! I have the mic mounted in the corner where the windshield meets the A pillar. I'm hoping that the Garmin mic does the trick and look forward to seeing here if it does.

I'm using an iPhone 3GS. There's just a lot of background noise and dropouts. Callers frequently ask me to repeat what I just said. I can hear them okay. I have echo cancellation ON. I'm really not sure what the problem is. But it's annoying. Especially when trying to use the VR for hands free control of audio selection and so forth.