AVIC411.com

Hands Free Bluetooth poor sound quality

Downloaded and installed, I have about 2 more days to test with this update before my return window is up.

Number one on my list of things that the unit may go back for is that the BT quality is dreadful and just keeps getting worse, I had my F700BT and mic in the same location for almost 2 years and while people griped a bit, they didn't constantly bitch that they couldn't hear me the way they do with the X920BT.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Downloaded and installed, I have about 2 more days to test with this update before my return window is up.

Number one on my list of things that the unit may go back for is that the BT quality is dreadful and just keeps getting worse, I had my F700BT and mic in the same location for almost 2 years and while people griped a bit, they didn't constantly bitch that they couldn't hear me the way they do with the X920BT.

what phone are you using again?

what phone are you using again?

iphone 4, it was fine with the F700BT, have tried it both with the F700 mic that was fine for 2 years, and the new X920 mic, which was worse.

Diane, there is a beta of iOS 4.1 on the net that might fix your problem. These versions are not available to the public but they can be acquired. the reason I bring this up is because it deals with BT connectivity issues reported with the i4. This may allow you to test as to weather it fixes the issue before you return your unit.

Diane, there is a beta of iOS 4.1 on the net that might fix your problem. These versions are not available to the public but they can be acquired. the reason I bring this up is because it deals with BT connectivity issues reported with the i4. This may allow you to test as to weather it fixes the issue before you return your unit.

I've not been thinking of going that direction since the iphone 4 did just fine on the F700, and it's been crap on the x920 in comparison. Silly me, I'm down to a single phone also, I just swapped jobs and don't have my work BlackBerry I used to use to test with.

I've not been thinking of going that direction since the iphone 4 did just fine on the F700, and it's been crap on the x920 in comparison. Silly me, I'm down to a single phone also, I just swapped jobs and don't have my work BlackBerry I used to use to test with.

BT connectivity is a big problem with A LOT of OS4 users. Do a quick google search. "It worked on the other unit" probably isnt a good arguement for not giving it a shot. Your other unit was exactly that...another unit. it is different and different things work differently.

BT connectivity is a big problem with A LOT of OS4 users. Do a quick google search. "It worked on the other unit" probably isnt a good arguement for not giving it a shot. Your other unit was exactly that...another unit. it is different and different things work differently.

I'm confused about Bluetooth - is it not a "spec", as is FM and AM - aka it's an interchangeable technology with predictable outcomes? Or, is that a pipe-dream with today's manufacturers.

I'm confused about Bluetooth - is it not a "spec", as is FM and AM - aka it's an interchangeable technology with predictable outcomes? Or, is that a pipe-dream with today's manufacturers.

im not sure I understand the question but in short, bluetooth is not 100% standard from company to company and phone to phone. its a type of wireless technology but the software used to utilize this technology can affect how it performs. further, there are multiple bluetooth profiles or categories that accomplish different things like making phone calls, transferring address books, streaming music...etc... just because a phone has bluetooth doesn mean it does everything the same way every other bluetooth phone does. likewise, just because a nav has bluetooth doesnt mean it can do or will do everything the same way as other navs with bluetooth.

im not sure I understand the question but in short, bluetooth is not 100% standard from company to company and phone to phone. its a type of wireless technology but the software used to utilize this technology can affect how it performs. further, there are multiple bluetooth profiles or categories that accomplish different things like making phone calls, transferring address books, streaming music...etc... just because a phone has bluetooth doesn mean it does everything the same way every other bluetooth phone does. likewise, just because a nav has bluetooth doesnt mean it can do or will do everything the same way as other navs with bluetooth.

ah, ok. So, unlike FM and AM, the process of transmitting and receiving is wide open for the manufacturer to exploit.

I understand and respect that, but my BT performance with the same iphone4 on the F700 was acceptable, it rarely is on the x920, and since I use it heavily I need that feature to work, more so than the GPS and it's quirks. I went from 70% acceptable calls to 20% acceptable with the same phone, same install location, same mic location, and both mics.

I have no interest in paying $500 for a unit that sets me BACK 50% in call quality, and I'm getting more and more complaints about call quality when I ever did before. FWIW I ran iOS4 on my 3G and had my 4 as of June 24th, so I had a month of iOS4 running acceptably on the F700.

I understand and respect that, but my BT performance with the same iphone4 on the F700 was acceptable, it rarely is on the x920, and since I use it heavily I need that feature to work, more so than the GPS and it's quirks. I went from 70% acceptable calls to 20% acceptable with the same phone, same install location, same mic location, and both mics.

I have no interest in paying $500 for a unit that sets me BACK 50% in call quality, and I'm getting more and more complaints about call quality when I ever did before. FWIW I ran iOS4 on my 3G and had my 4 as of June 24th, so I had a month of iOS4 running acceptably on the F700.

Weird.......

I've had no issues when switching from a Z2 to Z110>120BT....

Although I've had every version of IPhone throughout the HU upgrading process...

Where was your BT Volume set at(IPhone) when you initially paired with the Z110/120BT?

Weird.......

I've had no issues when switching from a Z2 to Z110>120BT....

Although I've had every version of IPhone throughout the HU upgrading process...

Where was your BT Volume set at(IPhone) when you initially paired with the Z110/120BT?

do you think the the 920 and 120 have some different hardware components regarding Bluetooth?

do you think the the 920 and 120 have some different hardware components regarding Bluetooth?

I couldn't tell you...

But I would imagine that they share the same hardware... At least, being that the latest BT update is the same version number for both the 920 and 120.... But don't quote me....

I've spoken with my checkbook, the x920 just went back to Amazon and the F700 went back in the car, and the 3 test calls I made to people had them instantly commenting how much better the sound was without me even asking them.

wow - what a drag. Strange how the quality control is so all-over-the-place with this unit, I mean, for a company with their history to take a flaky unit to CES is pretty dumb