AVIC411.com

Hands Free Bluetooth poor sound quality

wow - what a drag. Strange how the quality control is so all-over-the-place with this unit, I mean, for a company with their history to take a flaky unit to CES is pretty dumb

I don't believe it's a per-unit QC issue, my suspicion is that it's just more picky with the BT signal given to it, and the combination of the iphone's not always the best BT performance tied to the X920's design aren't the best in the car I have with high road noise, I can live with the F700 and I'll look for something new next year.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow - what a drag. Strange how the quality control is so all-over-the-place with this unit, I mean, for a company with their history to take a flaky unit to CES is pretty dumb

I don't believe it's a per-unit QC issue, my suspicion is that it's just more picky with the BT signal given to it, and the combination of the iphone's not always the best BT performance tied to the X920's design aren't the best in the car I have with high road noise, I can live with the F700 and I'll look for something new next year.

That's still odd, even odder that your iPhone has a rough time, cause' they sure crammed the thing full of iPhone type items: Pandora, flipping menu's, that sphere thing - it makes you think they did alot of testing with iPhones over all others . . . hope you find a better deck - thanks for the head's up on this unit

That's still odd, even odder that your iPhone has a rough time, cause' they sure crammed the thing full of iPhone type items: Pandora, flipping menu's, that sphere thing - it makes you think they did alot of testing with iPhones over all others . . . hope you find a better deck - thanks for the head's up on this unit

The problem is that OS4 didnt exist when they were developing these units. Its not really the iPhones so much as it is OS4.

The problem is that OS4 didnt exist when they were developing these units. Its not really the iPhones so much as it is OS4.

strange that her old deck works to her satisfaction, but the new and improved one doesn't. Wouldn't the new deck be more likely to incorporate advancements in the Bluetooth field?

strange that her old deck works to her satisfaction, but the new and improved one doesn't. Wouldn't the new deck be more likely to incorporate advancements in the Bluetooth field?

That would make the most sense. But it seems to be hit or miss the the new iPhones and iPhones running OS4. I dont know why they work with some bluetooths and not with others...in the entire industry, not just within the Pioneer lineup.

I've spoken with my checkbook, the x920 just went back to Amazon and the F700 went back in the car, and the 3 test calls I made to people had them instantly commenting how much better the sound was without me even asking them.

hi - check your PM inbox re: question about Amazon

That would make the most sense. But it seems to be hit or miss the the new iPhones and iPhones running OS4. I dont know why they work with some bluetooths and not with others...in the entire industry, not just within the Pioneer lineup.

It's simply a case of sometimes, even with standards, some components don't like others, that's the joy of various manufacturers meeting standards in different ways. The x920 and F-series implement BT in completely different ways, so it doesn't surprise me that we can have varied results. For all we know the newer units could use a consolidated BT chip and software stack that the old ones didn't.

I'm quite tech savvy, trust me, I tried everything to get the x920 to work for me, and even did both firmware updates, the quality was always poorer then the F700 in my car for calls, and keep in mind, the phone was sitting on the passenger seat in my handbag all throughout this, that's where it always lives, even the commute was the same!

Giving up my iphone that has a 2-year contract wasn't an option, either the x920 worked with it, or it went back, and the answer was "it went back"

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed the Z120...2003 Jeep GC Overland

2901524020030689822S600x600Q85.jpg

love it. All but the hands free calling...my callers report wind noise with the mic at any position within the cabin (windows up, ac off, blah, blah). I have a BB Storm2, paired up no problem can even stream my Pandora through with the source set to BT audio.

So I called Pioneer using the hands free...the first guy I spoke with "Ray" told me they would replace the mic under warranty, then he transferred me to service and warranty and "Henry" said they would have to examine the entire unit to properly assess whether or not it was the mic or not (protocol). I asked "Henry" if I was the first to report having a problem like this, he said I was the first he'd heard of...must be a HUGE organization or noone else is calling them. At that point I asked to speak with his supervisor, was told I would receive a call back from him but never did, it's been a week. Poor customer service IMHO. Hopefully Crutchfield treats me better than Pioneer...we'll see.

In the meantime I have disabled BT...ugh.

It seems to be the most likely thing to not work in these units. However, some people say theirs work great. One thing is for sure, you did the right thing by calling them from the car - they can't ignore it then.

Ridiculous that they "haven't" heard of this yet.

More than likely a complete and utter lie.

Someone here trumpeted the "free-enterprise" system over one post or another.

I'd like a free-enterprise system where companies had to supply what they advertise.

Oh to dream

PS - keep calling - don't wait for them to call you. If it isn't fixed, don't let your return date pass.

It's obvious they are ignoring the issue. Support people won't even take case notes when you call. They just spit back the standard "we can't guarantee compatibility with every phone" BS. This is a real problem that seems to affect A LOT of people, any may be primarily linked to people with Blackberry phones (I can confirm problems with several different models using BB OS 5.x). Pioneer won't even bother trying to replicate the issues with their engineers.

If I thought I could in good conscience pawn this piece of garbage off on someone and buy a Kenwood, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

My wife's BB sounds excellent in her Jetta wagon with its' built-in bluetooth. I was talking to an installer today in Southern California. They sell both Kenwood and Pioneer, and he said that the phone absolutely has an effect with both units. I didn't ask for a laundry list of brands, but maybe we should start a thread here and then copy it to just about everyone at Pioneer US, Canada, Japan Europe, you name it.

Let's start posting the names of the Pioneer executives and their response to emails and phonecalls.

Are they a public company? If so, it's open game on every single employee of relevance.

that's the only way anything will happen

My wife's BB sounds excellent in her Jetta wagon with its' built-in bluetooth. I was talking to an installer today in Southern California. They sell both Kenwood and Pioneer, and he said that the phone absolutely has an effect with both units. I didn't ask for a laundry list of brands, but maybe we should start a thread here and then copy it to just about everyone at Pioneer US, Canada, Japan Europe, you name it.

Let's start posting the names of the Pioneer executives and their response to emails and phonecalls.

Are they a public company? If so, it's open game on every single employee of relevance.

You can pound on them here as well....

http://www.youtube.com/user/pioneerelec ... ZeGZxwxKt8

You can pound on them here as well....

http://www.youtube.com/user/pioneerelec ... ZeGZxwxKt8

haha - I've written notes on a few of those videos - ZERO RESPONSE. I even met one of those guys, Kevin Slack (appropriate ?) in a local dealers store. He seemed to know that there were problems in paradise, but obviously couldn't comment on them. One only hopes he took my suggestions to heart