AVIC411.com

F90BT Asking for password.. PLEASE HELP!?

I bought an F90BT from my local car audio shop second hand, and I know that it was not stolen yet it is asking me for a password when I boot it up. I tried to get around it by putting an update SD card in before it booted up but no luck. I have searched this forum and many others and everyone is saying to contact pioneer, which I will happily do on Monday but for now I am looking for some sort of fix.. if one exists. Ugh, I am really pissed because I just spend 8 hours on a car audio install and now the headunit has me locked out. I tried resetting it with no luck..

If anyone has any help to offer please do so NOW!~

The only fix is sending it back to Pioneer, and they won't do it without proof of purchase. I think I'd be taking it back to the dealer you got it from and make them take care of it.

+1

That password was created by someone to prevent a thief from being able to use it. Either the previous owner forgot to remove it, or that radio was indeed stolen. Either way, it has to be sent back to Pioneer for them to rebuild it, and as stated, they will not do that without proof of purchase.

Take it back to wherever you bought it from ASAP and demand a refund.

Despite what the members had to say about my issue, I searched for hours on end and found a fix.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27155

This fix worked for me 100% correctly and my headunit is now functioning properly other than an issue with the rear door speakers.

So in other words: you formatted a unit you just bought and have now completely voided the warranty and possibly have furthered the selling of stolen merchandise.

..., it is not stolen merchandise you prick. It was an extra unit that was returned by the customer to the shop and never sent back to pioneer. The owner of the shop is a close personal friend of mine and would never lie/sell me a stolen unit. Plus it was already out of warranty, but thanks.

That isn't very nice of a close personal friend to sell you a passworded unit.

he powered it up in front of me and showed me that it loaded up, when I installed it in my car it asked for the password. I called him and he didn't know what was going on, it wasn't something that he did.. something happened from the transfer of his shop to my car that it locked itself.

..., it is not stolen merchandise you prick. It was an extra unit that was returned by the customer to the shop and never sent back to pioneer. The owner of the shop is a close personal friend of mine and would never lie/sell me a stolen unit. Plus it was already out of warranty, but thanks.

LOL! I love how when you try to help people they call you names. I <3 the internet. I think the problem is there are too many trolls on the internet that are either fat, sexually frustrated 35 year olds, or 15 year old kids that think they run their grade school.

Rofl.

Glad to hear you got your device working.