AVIC411.com

Sending unit in for repair..How do i downgrade?

I installed a bootleg 3.0 firmware, then installed the 3.01 x series update, im trying to downgrade to 2.0006, or whatever it was. im downloading the backup now but i have no clue on how to go about this.

The reason im downgrading is because im sending my unit into pioneer for repair.

Hopefully you made a copy of the original "2.0 MYFlashDisk" before you started modding the unit. If not, you will need to obtain a copy on this forum somewhere. Boot into testmode and blow away your current "MyFlashDisk" then copy the 2.0 back over in its place.

Why are you sending the unit in for repair? In my opinion it would have to be on fire before I sent it to Pioneer for them to fix it. Pioneer is clueless when it comes to fixing anything on this unit. All they are probably going to do is reload the software again anyway.

Yeah, im downloading it..

Im sending it in for various problems, my dvd is stuck in the drive and wont come out, the GPS is inaccurate by about 20feet ahead, and i get the alternator whine, and i grounded it and it still wont go away.

Im hoping they would just send me a newly re-furbished unit .

Im sending it in for various problems, my dvd is stuck in the drive and wont come out, the GPS is inaccurate by about 20feet ahead, and i get the alternator whine, and i grounded it and it still wont go away.

20ft? Seriously? Good luck getting anywhere with that.

lmao... oh noes

lmao... oh noes

Um, alright? thanks for the sarcasm..Its an annoyance especially in neighborhoods..and im not sure if you read the rest of my problems.

Thanks for contributing nothing to my thread though.

Um, alright? thanks for the sarcasm..Its an annoyance especially in neighborhoods..and im not sure if you read the rest of my problems.

Have a box of tissues

Seriously though, twenty feet is definitely in tolerance for GPS error; this isn't military spec we're talking about here. I highly doubt the whine is of any fault of the unit; whines are caused not only by poor grounding but also by different paths being taken for the +12v between the amp and the AVIC. The DVD is unfortunate but easy enough for them to remove, perhaps replace a defective ejection motor or solenoid and send you back the same unit. To boot, I don't know that you can downgrade from 3.0 to 2.0 because of the difference in WinCE firmware. This may be a non-issue but to any observant tech, it'll be a dead giveaway that you're trying to fool them.

Have a box of tissues

Seriously though, twenty feet is definitely in tolerance for GPS error; this isn't military spec we're talking about here. I highly doubt the whine is of any fault of the unit; whines are caused not only by poor grounding but also by different paths being taken for the +12v between the amp and the AVIC. The DVD is unfortunate but easy enough for them to remove, perhaps replace a defective ejection motor or solenoid and send you back the same unit. To boot, I don't know that you can downgrade from 3.0 to 2.0 because of the difference in WinCE firmware. This may be a non-issue but to any observant tech, it'll be a dead giveaway that you're trying to fool them.

+3.5