AVIC411.com

Elevation in feet - This a solution?

I found the strings in the ezrider.exe and changed the first one hopefully they are the same as the IGO8.exe. I have no way to test anything higher than 1200 feet if someone wants to download the file unzip and test it and report back it will either work or not work.

The ezrider.exe does work fine after the change.

http://gpssoftware.us/avic/30/ezrider_alt_mod.zip

I found the strings in the ezrider.exe and changed the first one hopefully they are the same as the IGO8.exe. I have no way to test anything higher than 1200 feet if someone wants to download the file unzip and test it and report back it will either work or not work.

I put your ezrider in my unit and it worked great. It shows up as "5931 ft" for me.

Is this ezrider the hacked one for putting on new maps? I wanted to put those on as well.

Thanks for the ezrider and elevation change.

Andy

Is your elevation above 1 mile?

If you're below one mile it will be in feet, but above one mile it either shows as 1.2 miles or 1 mile 600 ft (for example), depending on the mod.

That's the normal display, but some have been working on getting it to be "5800 ft" even if you're above one mile.

But let us know.

I put your ezrider in my unit and it worked great. It shows up as "5931 ft" for me.

Is this ezrider the hacked one for putting on new maps? I wanted to put those on as well.

Andy

Nice! yes this is the hacked ezrider.exe so it will work fine with the mods including maps.

Andy

Nice! yes this is the hacked ezrider.exe so it will work fine with the mods including maps.

good job bro,

Andy

Outstanding. Hopefully the new maps will go as smoothly.

Thanks again.

I hope this works, I will find out in a couple of weeks when I go to our place up North at 6K feet, this will be sweet!!

Let ya know,

lou

Just make sure you are using a mod that polls elevation with "gps.elevation" and not "navigation.current_altitude.number_text". Otherwise you will see no difference.

Is your elevation above 1 mile?

If you're below one mile it will be in feet, but above one mile it either shows as 1.2 miles or 1 mile 600 ft (for example), depending on the mod.

That's the normal display, but some have been working on getting it to be "5800 ft" even if you're above one mile.

But let us know.

At times my elevation will show .2 miles. I attribute this to not seeing enough satellites. After a few moments it will go back to 860 ft which is the true elevation. (which is not .2 miles of course) I've had previous idt mods show up to 3000 ft without showing .6 miles, I can't wait to try this although I won't know if I really have the problem until I travel again.