AVIC411.com

POI / Red Light Cams

You can download safety cams in the form of a POI .CSV file and convert them with the AVIC FEEDS PC app. You will only be able to convert .CSV files with 100 or less locations however. I f the files you download have more locations then that, you will need to edit the file with a document editor like MS excel. You will need to edit the files down to 100 locations then process them with AVIC feeds. You will need to then copy the files to an SD card and use them as custom POI's on the unit. This will only allow you to display the locations on the map and plot routes to them as you would any other POI. It will not alert you when you are approaching

• 2 weeks later...
You could just do the speed limit. 8)

I guess I could :( . But I would rather look at what is going on in an intersection then check my exact speed and then try and remember what the speed limit is. But as you mentioned the POI will not help this because you really need a prompt well before the intersection. Oh well.