AVIC411.com

Hi Everybody,

I am currently trying to work on this issue with Pioneer but does anyone have experience with the screen not opening?

The device works fine except for when I hit the open button and then touch "OPEN" on the screen nothing happens. It also wont let me tilt the screen but I assume this is because it isn't open?

Just trying to find out if the device is defective or I am missing something completely obvious.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply! Sorry it took me so long to get back.

I did try to take out the stereo..thinking it was the "ears" or the dash trim. Neither worked. The open button did not do anything so I believe it was something to do with the motor. Either way it is on its way back to Pioneer..thanks for the help.

I'll update if/when they tell me what the problem was.

• 2 months later...

macsctt, any luck? I'm having the same problem. Pioneer US tech support said they haven't heard of this problem, and directed me to get a replacement from my vendor. I'd love to find a solution in lieu of replacement.

Note: I'm not hearing any clicks, whirrs, or other noises from the unit. The bezel is not pinching or restricting the screen either.

Thanks.

When I bought my first Z110BT I had this same problem. Everything worked except the screen would not open. The "open" button and the "insert SD csrd" button lit up when I touched them but did nothing and the 2 "tilt" buttions were grayed out. I returned my unit to the place of purchase and got a replacement that did work.