AVIC411.com

Abb's 'KAWASAKI GREEN' Theme-*UPDATE NOV 27 - PICS ON PAGE 2

hey guys, I had several requests to put up a green theme. I had my doubts as I was playing around it came to my conclusion that green SUCKS, so I wasn't going to work on it. However, after doing a lot of playing around with colors, I finally was able to get a shade that looks good and still makes the text stand out. I have put all files in one folder and they have to go in the proper locations. Most of you know where they go as it is explained throughout this forum. I have installed this green theme on the NAV end using IDT 2 Nav mod as I feel his is the most complete and feature rich. If you do not use this Nav mod, just copy all the files except the ones labled IDT in the DATA\ui_pioneer\800_480 folder and copy them to whatever NAV program you are using. I clearly recommend IDT's mod though. I have made it to accept DPHursts schemes as he has the best schemes out there by far! Please give comments, any comments as that is what keeps me going! I am not doing this for donations, just because I enjoy it and I am hoping to share this among the community, so if you like it, let me know, on the other hand, if there is something that you feel you would like to see or change, let me know that as well. Cheers, I am very happy with this mod even though I was leary about it at first!

KawaNav.jpg

gr1.jpg

gr2.jpg

gr3.jpg

gr4.jpg

gr5.jpg

gr6.jpg

gr7.jpg

gr8.jpg

DOWNLOAD AREA

Abb's KAWASAKI GREEN THEME

**New update NOV 27 - Image ONLY

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work Abb.I'll try it out tonight,but don't really one to get rid of the red theme...it grows on you. :)

Do what I do.... I got all my themes on a SD card (with testmode) and that way, I can just switch to whatever one I want by copy & paste over the old file. Just make sure that you have all copies of themes on the SD card so you wont be overwriting something that you can't put back. That way, you will never get sick of a theme as you will have a variety

Guys, sorry for the stupid question, but how do I change original Avic theme to this green one? Also if I don't like it, can I return back to the original?

Thanks.

Put the AV part into the APL folder and the NAV part into APL2. Make sure you backup all the files before you do it though.

Thank you for quick reply! One more question, I noticed that AV part has a green bike picture, if I understand correctly this is a splash screen? If so I don't need it as I would like to keep my own splash screen. If that is the case do I still need to copy AV into the APL, but delete the green bike .jpg file?

Guys, sorry for the stupid question, but how do I change original Avic theme to this green one? Also if I don't like it, can I return back to the original?

Thanks.

Put the AV part into the APL folder and the NAV part into APL2. Make sure you backup all the files before you do it though.

Thank you for quick reply! One more question, I noticed that AV part has a green bike picture, if I understand correctly this is a splash screen? If so I don't need it as I would like to keep my own splash screen. If that is the case do I still need to copy AV into the APL, but delete the green bike .jpg file?

That's correct, the Bike splash is not necessary to be copied, but copy the image.res.

Think i have confused myself. This is not the first time i have done a mod, i have done 4-5 before. I guess tonight i am over complicating things(i guess that goes along with being under the weather), but i need some advice folks. Here is the deal. I have refreshed my firmware back to 3.XX i cant remember right now, but it is completely stock. All i want is the green theme. I am not using IDT mod or anything(though it is brilliant). So my question is this. Do i just need to copy all the contents in the 800_480 besides the IDT files or do i need to just take out the IDT files from that folder and copy the rest of the contents to the HU?

Think i have confused myself. This is not the first time i have done a mod, i have done 4-5 before. I guess tonight i am over complicating things(i guess that goes along with being under the weather), but i need some advice folks. Here is the deal. I have refreshed my firmware back to 3.XX i cant remember right now, but it is completely stock. All i want is the green theme. I am not using IDT mod or anything(though it is brilliant). So my question is this. Do i just need to copy all the contents in the 800_480 besides the IDT files or do i need to just take out the IDT files from that folder and copy the rest of the contents to the HU?

You should be ok if you delete anything that starts with IDT and then just copy the contents in your 800_480 folder. Back up the original folder though, just in case and that way you have all bases covered

alright abb thanks man. You are like the Theme GOD haha. Great job. Still cant figure out how you do that so fast. Would love to observe you for 10 min haha

Its easy, you gotta know PS. I use Actions to get the exact same effect on each bmp, and then I use PS Bridge to Batch all the bmps together. Doibg it this way takes about 40 minutes compared to 2 weeks :D