AVIC411.com

File Building on avic F-series

hello,sorry for my english ...i m a french newbie on F series....but i have some problems...

i would like to have all building displayed on nav menu....people tells me that the file with .3DL is about monument and i have added a .3DC file from the IGO on my Pocketpc(this file on my ppc allows to view common building in a town) but on the avic this file is not read...how to have building on the avic???

hello,sorry for my english ...i m a french newbie on F series....but i have some problems...

i would like to have all building displayed on nav menu....people tells me that the file with .3DL is about monument and i have added a .3DC file from the IGO on my Pocketpc(this file on my ppc allows to view common building in a town) but on the avic this file is not read...how to have building on the avic???

You need the LICense file and hacked EZRider from this forum.

Hello. I have the license and the modified exe, 3DL and 3DC files and only see the monuments. I tried for a long time many different settings and files but I never got it to work. In the end I thought this unit was not compatible and only worked on PPC iGo versions ...

I hope I'm wrong and you really can work

Hello folks, I have the same problem. I use hacked ezrider, licence file, newest mapas, 3dl, 3dc files and see only monumets. Moreover, i put a DEM files but igo dosnt show the terrain details. I also switch it on in the nav settings.

Can anybody help us with this problems ?

Hello folks, I have the same problem. I use hacked ezrider, licence file, newest mapas, 3dl, 3dc files and see only monumets. Moreover, i put a DEM files but igo dosnt show the terrain details. I also switch it on in the nav settings.

Can anybody help us with this problems ?

You won't see much terrain detail unless you're driving through the Alps or similar area.

If you do not see regular building you need to either

a) use one of the mods that allow you to turn on building display

or

B) add some lines to SYS.TXT:

[debug]

enable_buildings=1

[map]

3d_buildings=1

I was drive with 2 igo working, one on the AVIC f910 and other was Igo 8.3 with GJ skin on my PPC. On both I have the same files for terrain, building, monumets, etc...

In PPC i see normal building, terrain (eg rivers, mountains, etc) but on the avic i can't see terrains buildinds but I see monumets. On the avic I have IDT#2 mod with following lines in sys.txt

[debug]

enable_buildings=1

traincrossing=1

show_lane_info=1

[map]

3d_landmarks=1 ;(1) .3dl files

3d_buildings=1 ;(1) .3dc files

3d_buildings_distance=3 ;(1) far

3d_dem=0 ;(1) no terrain details

3d_dem_detail=0 ;(3) far (1) close

terrain_in_2d=0 ;(1) no

3d_roads=1 ;(1)

3d_tunnels=1 ;(1)

I also checked following setting in avic nav settings and everything is switch on and set to close.

I was drive with 2 igo working, one on the AVIC f910 and other was Igo 8.3 with GJ skin on my PPC. On both I have the same files for terrain, building, monumets, etc...

In PPC i see normal building, terrain (eg rivers, mountains, etc) but on the avic i can't see terrains buildinds but I see monumets. On the avic I have IDT#2 mod with following lines in sys.txt

[debug]

enable_buildings=1

traincrossing=1

show_lane_info=1

[map]

3d_landmarks=1 ;(1) .3dl files

3d_buildings=1 ;(1) .3dc files

3d_buildings_distance=3 ;(1) far

3d_dem=0 ;(1) no terrain details

3d_dem_detail=0 ;(3) far (1) close

terrain_in_2d=0 ;(1) no

3d_roads=1 ;(1)

3d_tunnels=1 ;(1)

I also checked following setting in avic nav settings and everything is switch on and set to close.

All of these should be enough to display buildings. Note, though, that default color schemes on AVIC make buildings very transparent and not that easy to see. Try installing one of the other schemes (i.e. one of the Real View ones that were posted here). They make buildings far more visible.

Now I'm using the autum schema from IDT#2 mod. Today I will try to change it to RealView and let You know.

EDIT: I checked the RealView schema and nothing changed. See only historical monuments and buildings, nothing more. However, at the same time on the PPC Igo I see normal buildings and terrain just outside the city.

I've checked different terrain files (the from volny.cz, NASA) with no luck. Any ideas ?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to use at least 3 different hacked ezrider.exe from the forum and attached licence files.

About DEM files I downloaded EasternEurope or NASA files from volny.cz

Rest files (buildings) I checked from newest TA maps and Q4.2008 Navteq maps.

I tried to use at least 3 different hacked ezrider.exe from the forum and attached licence files.

About DEM files I downloaded EasternEurope or NASA files from volny.cz

Rest files (buildings) I checked from newest TA maps and Q4.2008 Navteq maps.

Strange. In any case, there is only one latest hacked EZRider for 3.x firmware...

Lol, I dont even know what a building looks like on an AVIC. I live in Canada and I think that the map makers think we live on bare land without buildings because from what I heard, even in a major city such as Winnipeg, there are hardly any buildings present. I think it all depends on where you live as well.

Lol, I dont even know what a building looks like on an AVIC. I live in Canada and I think that the map makers think we live on bare land without buildings because from what I heard, even in a major city such as Winnipeg, there are hardly any buildings present. I think it all depends on where you live as well.

Don't you all live in igloos anyway? And those all look the same. :lol: