AVIC411.com

Generic or Pioneer Ipod Connector?

I am going to be purchasing an Ipod connector for my f7010bt and dont know if there is a difference in sound quality in the generic brand vs. Pioneers brand. I know the cost is a bit different, but other than that I dont know if the quality is any different. Does anyone know?

I picked up a genuine apple one off ebay for around $20 shipped. What I like about it is that it sits in the Ipod firmly. The Pioneer one that came with my F90 allowed it to wobble.

I was having the problem of no right channel or even no audio at all. I got rid of the Pioneer cable and bought the Apple one and problem was solved instantly. There is still the occasional need to unplug/plug it back in, but that's very rarely. The pioneer cable was like that when it was new as well.

So go choice 3! Go Apple OEM, not Generic or Pioneer!!!!

I am running an F90BT 3.0 I noticed on the source menu the USB Icon changes to an IPOD Icon when i plug in my Ipod touch 32 Gb second gen. And the my Ipod says CHARGING is not supported. I heard of an interface adapter to reduce voltage to 5 Volts. Anybody hear of this ? If I use the factory USB cable that came with my Ipod it charges just fine. But to be able to play music or video I use CD-IU230V cable. Update I just switched the aftermarket cable I bought from a local car stereo store with cable that came with my F90BT. CD-IU230V genuine Composite iPod cable. Guess what now it charges and plays audio or video at the same time. Thanks Jeff R

Go with Apple cable if you can or aleast a Genuine Pioneer Cable. The Pioneer cable fixed all of my problems.