AVIC411.com

Can someone please post a 3.0 how-to-install guide?

That thread is incomprehensible to me. It's far from being a guide. We probably need more of a wiki page explaining it.

The thread is a step-by-step guide on how to do it! Which part(s) do you not understand?

It can be a little overwhelming when you first try modding your stereo. I suggest reading, reading, and more reading, then your answers will probably come to you.

Tell us exactly what is incomprehensible to you, and we'll go from there.

P.S. - Don't forget about the reading:)

Well, the fact that there are so many pages with questions on "does this work?", "i have this problem or that problem" confuse the reader who just wants a concise step by step guide. By reading the whole thread it becomes unclear as to which steps may cause the problems that previous posters have posted about. Also, it's unclear if the guide applies to the F500BT as-is or if there are separate paths someone needs to take for the F500BT.

Thanks for the help in advance. I will try to give that thread one more chance.

p.s. A couple more points, many have asked in that thread whether this works on F500BT with no answer. In addition, it's unclear from reading the 1st post in that thread what the prerequisites for the install procedure are. Which units? Which previous version of the firmware needs to already be present on the units, etc.

Yeah. Im new to this hacking and modding and the swarm of posts and updates behind the original DIY is very confusing.

Im starting with the sticky on how to go into test mode. I'm hoping that when I look at that interface that some of the other stuff makes sense. These guys are great at what they do but I don't think they understand the ignorance of new Avic members. if you haven't been following the forum for long, a lot of this doesn't make sense.

Yeah. Im new to this hacking and modding and the swarm of posts and updates behind the original DIY is very confusing.

Im starting with the sticky on how to go into test mode. I'm hoping that when I look at that interface that some of the other stuff makes sense. These guys are great at what they do but I don't think they understand the ignorance of new Avic members. if you haven't been following the forum for long, a lot of this doesn't make sense.

None of this made sense to me when I first came here. It does now to the point that I have several theme mods up, and my system is modded throughout. You have to do the legwork. I read and viewed through posts for hours and days. Then I did the actual hands on and got familiar with Windows CE and this unit. There is too much involved for newcomers to be spoon fead. You have to do the reading, studying, and the legwork. It irritates a lot of members when simple questions are asked when all you have to do is hit the search engine to find multiple answers, ideas , and suggestions to whatever you were asking about.

Like I said, study and READ!!

Study and read. Yup, understood and as mentioned that is my approach. I also understand the annoyance of the same silly questions asked over and over. I read in one post "wheres the reset button" WOW! really? But on the other hand, I've done mods on my omnia cell phone that are amazing. The step by step instructions are clear. So it can be done. Once a full proof DIY is stuck it should be closed.

• 4 weeks later...
That thread is incomprehensible to me. It's far from being a guide. We probably need more of a wiki page explaining it.

The thread is a step-by-step guide on how to do it! Which part(s) do you not understand?

It can be a little overwhelming when you first try modding your stereo. I suggest reading, reading, and more reading, then your answers will probably come to you.

Tell us exactly what is incomprehensible to you, and we'll go from there.

P.S. - Don't forget about the reading:)

yeah the reading the guide is far more overwhelming than doing it. but if someone cant read or figure it out they have no business trying to mod it.

Probably the single biggest reason the 3.0 guide is as long and disjointed as it is is because people constantly demand enlightenment without doing any work themselves, and fill up the thread with questions that they should have researched and answered themselves. If you are unable to understand the 3.0 install guide, you shouldn't mod your unit. You are destined to brick your unit and then come back here and post incessant, clueless demands for help cleaning up the mess you made through your own ignorance/laziness. A large number of modders have been driven from this forum by neverending, harassing posts demanding assistance, posted by people too lazy to do any research themselves.

I've done several mods on my 900BT, and even solved several problems with boot times, so I could write this "guide" you speak of. But based on posts like yours, I know that would only open up a flood of posts from people not willing to make any effort, instead demanding my time rather than using their own. Sorry, but no thanks.

How about YOU do the research and come up with a 3.0 guide, rather than asking others to do it for you?