AVIC411.com

z1 gps antenna location

Hi everyone i had a z1 install on a clk320 and the shop that installed it located the gps antenna on my dash board. i noticed that when i turn on my z1 it takes a while in calibrating itself and also displaying the street or ave i am on. also i have noticed that my z1 doesn't keep anything on memory like if i set the loud button on or play with any other setting as soon as i turn my radio off it goes back to factory . any suggestions. is it ok for the gps antenna to be on my dash board?

It should be fine on your dashboard. You just have to be sure your windshield glass isn't shielded. Some glass is, and can block the GPS signal. My antenna is on the roof right above the driver's seat. Some people mount their antenna inside the dash, so you should be ok.

Thanks for the info but what do you mean by shield like with tinted paper? our is it a special kind of glass and how would i know if it is shield?

Sounds like they didn't hook up the permanent +12 (correctly) on your Z1 .....

thanks one question not having the +12 can it affected the gps in any way like learning routs or anything else.

It means it will "forget" a lot of the settings etc. when you switch off the ignition, including your last location etc...