AVIC411.com

Z110BT and cold weather

I noticed a feature that I was unaware of but will probably save the life of the screen. When getting into my car after a blizzard and being -30 C, I noticed the Z did not work at all, no music, no screen. After warming the car up and driving for a while the unit turned on and then displayed "temperature restored" and had me press OK.

I guess it is designed to not turn on when it is extremely cold, probably to protect the LCD. It seemed to turn on at about the time I couldn't see my breath anymore...

I am in Edmonton, Alberta. Last Sunday the overnight low was -46.1 C, we were the 2nd coldest place on the planet.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonto ... 41366.html

I have a nice compustar remote starter in the vehicle that usually has the car warm enough for it to work by the time I get in, but a week of my car at the airport made it take a long time to warm up, so did the -30 C temperature. :roll:

Today should be the last day I drive her this winter though, I am finally going to get my Ford Exploder on the road today, unfortunately it is a 1992 so it only has a single din deck opening and I cannot seem to find a kit available anymore that can convert it to double din.