AVIC411.com

I installed a f-90BT in my wifes 07 Jeep Wrangler last year. About 6 months ago, after starting the jeep, there was no sound. The Nav worked and everything shows to be working just no sound. I assumed that it was my back yard wiring so I took it to a radio shop and after $75 and 8 hours, it was fixed. They told me that they "re-wired" it and everything is fine. Over the weekend the same thing happens again. Nav works, USB shows music playing but no sound. Has anyone had this problem? I am far from a radio guy but if it is wiring, wouldnt everything be going crazy or it wouldnt power up? Should I re install the 2.0 update again? I just dont want to fork over $75 to have them say they re-wired it again only to find out that it might be an issue inside the radio that they fix with rebooting it or something.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this problem as well. mine started happening about 6 months after initially installing my F90bt. I noticed when it is very cold outside(canadian) my deck appears to be operating fine but i get no sound. i believe it is the Metra harness that i have. When my car warms up and i re-start my car the F90Bt boots up with sound. I think it may be my car doesnt have enough "juice" to start the metra harness when its cold, which seems really weird since it starts the car fine.

anyone else have this problem?

I think it may be my car doesnt have enough "juice" to start the metra harness when its cold, which seems really weird since it starts the car fine.

the starter takes 100 times the amount of power to start the car as the avic does to play music, if the car starts then "enough juice" is not your problem.

I have this problem as well. mine started happening about 6 months after initially installing my F90bt. I noticed when it is very cold outside(canadian) my deck appears to be operating fine but i get no sound. i believe it is the Metra harness that i have. When my car warms up and i re-start my car the F90Bt boots up with sound. I think it may be my car doesnt have enough "juice" to start the metra harness when its cold, which seems really weird since it starts the car fine.

I had this exact same issue! That's how mine started when it was super cold out the music and audio for like when you touch a button the "beep" sound wouldn't start... the navigation would talk, the ipod said it was playing but no sound, the XM said it was playing, again no sound. Normally I would just press the little reset button on the outside of the navigation unit and then once restarted the unit would work perfectly... NOW, however, for the past couple days, this is driving me nuts, I get no audio what so ever.... the unit is working perfectly all options ect... i've tried readjusting the audio, restoring factory settings... I have done plenty of resets, still not working... :|:|:?::?::?:

I dunno what else to do???? How did you guys solve this problem, It's not a wiring issue because eveything works flawlessly before this happend... all fuses are good... shuold I try to reinstall 2.0 update? what do you guys think... ??

on a side note my battery recently died and I had to jump start the car... could the audio not working have anything to do with a low battery? I know somebody said that if the car starts it has enough juice to start up the avic unit... however with my other car I had tuning software installed into the ECU and my battery was some what low... the ECU software wouldn't start even though thte car would start... the comapny replaced the battery and then the ecu software worked perfectly ever since then... ????????????????????

... guys i found out from a local shop here that my battery is running at 297 CCA and its supposed to be running at 600 cca ... :?:

.. before my unit sound with randomly not turn on when it was really cold out when i initially started up my car, however once I was in the car I would simply reset the device and everything would then work perfectly...

... just yesterday i left my headlights running and this caused the battery to die obviously, i jumped the car, everything working fine, battery now fully charged, but now no audio, not with start up and not with reset nothing... i have an appointment wednesday to get this checked out by the shop that installed the unit orginally... but now this problems leads me to believe thats its not the wiring, its not the unit itself, i want to say this has to do with the battery... while the battery has enough to start up the car this doesn't make sense logically but I think I may purchase a batter yand see if this fixes it, if it doesn't i'll just return the battery...

what do you guys think? :!::?::?

I had the same problem after my recent install of the F700BT. I thought for sure it was the unit, and Pioneer agreed when I talked to them on the phone. I sent it in and 3 weeks later i got it back, they found no problem with the unit.

My problem actually turned out to be the PAC adapter that I used. The unit was not supplying enough power to turn the amp on.

Not sure what adapter unit you are using with your system, but this may be your problem as well.

if yo want to know if its the unit or not, take it out and hook up a test speaker(a cheap basic speaker can be bought from radio shack for less than $5) to one of the avic's speaker outputs at a low level (as to not blow the cheap speaker), if you get sound then the problem is not with the unit itself, if you dont get sound out of a speaker out output then there is something wrong with your unit.

you could also have a factory premium sound system (there is an external amp that drives your speakers) and the problem could be with that amp, with the RCA's pre outs that give the signal to the amp, or with the amp turn on wire from the unit to the amp.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with my f90bt.

My wife's battery died a couple of times and we've had to jump-start the van with a battery booster. After yesterday's jump i get no sound.

I think I will check the harness for the JBL system/amp. I think it might have a fuse in it. Will post update after I get a chance to troubleshoot it.

UPDATE: I was worried about the head unit so I tested the RCA outputs on a boombox with AUX IN. Thankfully it worked. My next step was to check the fuse for the JBL amplifier. There were 3 radio fuses and they were all good. But the process of pulling and reinstalling them restored power to the amplifier. The prongs on a couple of the fuses were a bit corroded so that's probably what compromised the flow. Looking back I guess I should have checked fuses first.

NOTE: The Axxess harness (TYTO-01) has no inline fuse

I have the same issue with my F90BT and Metra harness in my Jeep Wrangler 2008, my issue is that the factory amp is not turning on. I tested the RCA output into a little stereo and the sound is coming out, but my Jeep's factory amp is not turning on. I have the blue/white wire hooked up to what the Metra harness kit says is the amplifier's power on wire, but it obviously isn't working. Any ideas what to try next?