AVIC411.com

i lost all video capabilities 90bt

so i dont know what happened a month ago i was able to watch video just fine and i was trying yesterday and no luck. my father was messing with the unit two weeks ago, maybe he changed something that i cant seem to find. iam using the pioneer rca cable that came with the unit, and the parking brake is not bypassed. when I try to watch video of any kind ipod, disc or sd card, the audio is just fine but nothing shows up on the screen just the stupid warnings about driving safe. seriously any help would be great iam at a loss.

no modifcations at all stock. yes i have pushed the tiny recessed reset button. i also took all the settings back to factory default but i think that might just be for the nav. and yeah my maps work fine. all audio seems to work. i am not sure what you mean when you ask if my unit reads format from the source? if your asking if the unit displays what type of file iam trying to play from any given source, i have never noticed, but ill take a look. again thank you for your thoughts

Sounds like software and not a hardware issue.Since your map display's. You might need to reinstall your software. Do you have a backup of your unit ? If not you can download 2.0 or 3.0 firmware. The 2.0 can be downloaded from the Pioneer web site free of charge. There is alot of info on how to do that on this Forum. Or if your unit is still under warranty you could send back to Pioneer. Their customer service is not that great. Good luck Jeff R

thanks again jeff ill give re-installing the firmware a shot. who knows, iam still curious if i might just be missing a setting or somthing really simple like that but if i am not getting video from the disk drive then shouldnt matter what the settings for av1 and av2 are. does the pioneer rca cable that came with the unit have anything to do with any source other then an ipod?

I do not think so. The iPod Audio/Video Cable (CD-IU230V) should be pluged in the A/V inputs on the A/V harness in the back of your unit.The USB cable from the(CD-IU230V) should be pluged in the USB cable from the back of your unit. If it is hooked up this way it will have no affect on Video display. And yes AV1 and AV2 should have no affect. AV2 is the the front A/V input and A/V1 is the rear. You can change the setting in AV1 to OFF - Video - or Ipod Of course you can try to turn off AV1 remove SD card if you have one in. From the Map screen.Insert a DVD it should display READING FORMAT then you should have a small Icon on the lower right (DVD-V) Press that Icon and you should have Video. Do get any error message at all ? Did your dad mess around with any of the cables ? Try to hardwire bypass your unit just incase there's a problem with the parking brake wire. But Since your getting audio I do not think thats your problem. Seems to me you have tried just about eveything :(

used a fresh version of the firmware with no luck i know it updated because i had 2.000000 now its version 2.006000 or something any way i also noticed that after all the updating and rebooting that the av1 source never lights up when ipod is selected. no i havent gotten any error messages just a pop up that says something like its not safe to drive and watch movies if you agree push ok, if i take the parking break off i get a yellow yeild that blocks out the screen. no my pops didnt mess with any cables but i guess thats my next step. ill bypass the brake pedel and check all the connections. thanks for bouncing ideas my way. so jeff just to be clear you can watch a dvd with av1 and 2 both set to off?

av1 will light up when its set to video but not ipod, av2 does when its set to video also, other then that the disk lights up when there's a disk in the drive, the usb stick turns to an ipod when thats plugged in, both fm and am are selectable, xm is available also. now i cant seem to use my sd card, but i think i got rid of the files on that to make room for the firmware. so i bypassed the parking brake which is great. but still cant see anything just the sounds. just for fun could ya tell me what you have the other settings in "av settings" set to. again you've been such a help. by the way, ya know anyone who wants to buy a broken stereo. haha

seems to me a driver would be fixed with a firmware update, but maybe not. the resolution could be off.just looked around and couldnt find a place to adjust the resolution, i didnt have a dvd with me but ill check it out tomarrow. so what do you have the "mute/input/guide" and the "wide mode" and "ant control" and "rear sp" set to. i dont believe it matters but, just curious.

Yes I do but they are grayed out. But should not have any effect. I agree. I just went to get some ice cream it's still in the 70's in the desert. In Joan's F900BT Their is a brightness ajustment in the nav setting tab. Top Menu then setting lower right. Sorry it takes a while to to back to you I am building a computer for a friend.