AVIC411.com

i lost all video capabilities 90bt

yeah i have tried my iphone my sisters iphone my itouch a third gen classic and one of the sqaure nano's all with the same result. besisdes its all video sources not just ipod. even from my disk drive. even from a sd card. so idont know. when i did the bypass i had everything disconnected. when i put it back together i made sure all connections were snug. the cable could be faulty, last night i orderd the apple cables,radio shack ran out or i would have already swapped them out. it is only the av1 button on the bottom left of the source menu that is grayed out, the ipod in the upper right side is selectable. and yes worst case i send it back for repairs, but kinda screwed as, i threw out the stock unit. maybe ill just have to buy a z110. ill try to restore my i touch, ill swap out that pioneer rca cable, if anyone has an idea or a question please share. thanks jeff. thanks VBLUE42

yes i have reset the unit. upgraded firmware from 2.0 to 2.0006 messed with all the settings bypassed the parking brake incase it was causing a glitch. looked at all the pins from both sockets on the back side of the unit, checked all the cables for visable defects. no video from any source while iam parked with the park brake on or off. no video from any source while iam moving with the park brake on or off. so ya runnin out of things to try. i restored my ipod touch last night, and ill give that a try here in a few hours and iam waiting on cables from apple that will be here the 23-25. iam doubtfull on both of those "fixes" because it is not just an ipod problem. but iam willing to experiment with any idea ya got. a little off topic but how do yo like your z110 vblue42?

i have the same problem too. i haven't done too much troubleshooting yet. i used to be able to play video from my ipod and remember trying it one day and it stopped working. this was the same video (a podcast) that worked before.

at first i thought maybe the ipod video cable came undone, but never bothered to check cause i didn't want to pull out the unit. then i decided that video connection should be fine from ipod because i can display album art. so i would assume the video cable is plugged in properly. are you getting album art on your unit? i also tried setting the video settings on the ipod to 'tv out' and vice versa.

i am able to get video fine from my backup camera so i wouldn't think it would be an issue with the software.

i also tried playing around with av1/2 settings as well.

i tried putting a video on an sd card today but the file doesn't even show up when i look for it. i know its formatted,etc properly cause i can play mp3's.

but i get the same result as you...all audio, no video.

this happened to me pre and post 3.0. I have the software bypass done. i know the bypass is working fine too cause i can input directions while dirving on the keyboard. i get the warning though when i try to watch video from my ipod about it not being safe watching movies from the front seat (everyone gets that correct?).

ill probably try hooking up a dvd player to see if that works. hopefully well both find a solution.

the guy from pioneer tech support or what ever says that if your navigation works but the dvd player just plays the audio (form a store bought dvd not a burnt copy or net flix down load or anything) then the video processing unit or what ever he called it went tits up needs to be pulled out of the vehicle taken apart and replaced then put back together. yes i get album art and yes the pop up that asks you to select ok when you try to watch movies is there even when the parking brake is not bypassed and the parking brake is ingaged. by the way i think the album art is sort of layered in the audio file its self. so it would have nada to do with the video portion of you pioneer deck. it trips me out that your backup camera works but the other video sources that you have tried dont. maybe because it on a closed curcuit and it just displays what it sees rather then have to read a file from a disk. ya know what i mean? try a dvd disk and if that doesnt work i bet its the same problem as mine. if the dvd does work great. i bet the problem would be with the cable or the ipod. some say updating the ipods have cleared other issues. and some say the pioneer cable is crap and the apple composite cable cleared some of their issues. anyway iam curious what ya find out.

thanks. i have the 700 so i cant play dvd disks regardless but im going to try to use the video in cable soon with an external device. does anyone have a free video they can point me to that they know for a fact works. i don't know why the mpeg-4 video i tried putting on an sd card doesn't show up when i browse the sd card in the avic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...