AVIC411.com

So check this out.

I installed my Z110BT and all of the functions are working correctly. UP to today, I have only plugged in the usb to play music, not the IPOD. I tried my dad's 60 IPOD classic and the interfaced changed over from usb to IPOD. Everything seems to be working, but I get no sound. Thinking it could be some setting with the IPOD or something, I tried it with my IPHONE 3g and received the same results.

All other sound inputs work just fine, FM/AM/XM,USB,CD, but it does not seem to work correctly with the IPOD(s). I have the correct cable, came right from the company. Any ideas?

The only mod I've made is the bypass, and that is verified and working correctly.

did you connect Aux cable to ipod or iphone audio jack. i got confused too in begining but soon realized what was missing because video was playing from iphone but no sound.

No I did not, but I did not think it was required (then again I really haven't read the book either). That would sound extreme old if I had to do that, especially considering I did not have to do that with the z2 ipod adapter. Hmmm, something sounds strange. Hope it isn't flat out broke, I think I threw everything away...... (stupid)

That would sound extreme old if I had to do that, especially considering I did not have to do that with the z2 ipod adapter.

Yea the previous Z series had a different ipod interface that transferred its audio through the IP-BUS port. The new unit uses USB for control and transfers the AV through the AV1 software input.

• 3 weeks later...

im having the same problem when i installed my unit today.. but i am not using the pioneer optional ipod cable. I am just using the white apple cable that came with my ipod. On the screen it says the songs are playing, but i hear nothing. Do i need to buy the pioneer cable?

im having the same problem when i installed my unit today.. but i am not using the pioneer optional ipod cable. I am just using the white apple cable that came with my ipod. On the screen it says the songs are playing, but i hear nothing. Do i need to buy the pioneer cable?

If you care about watching video from ipod then yes.

If you just want to listen to music then NO. you need to connect Aux cable between factory cable and ipod aux port.

You need a CD-IU50V, set the AV1 Input to iPod, and there should be no issues. If you have a problem, then you're not doing something right. As stated above, the correct iPod cable, and turning on the input are all that need to be done. USB only will NOT work. USB is only used for charging and control, whereas the 4-ring aux connection is what transmits the audio and video signals.