AVIC411.com

Brand New Z110, Problems from the Start

I just upgraded from a Z1 to the Z110BT. Immediately from the start the nav wouldn't track correctly. It started freezing in place intermittantly from the start. It looses it's position and is unable to find itself. Currently the arrow is to the left of my current position and it would seem as if I was driving on the wrong side of the road.

I checked the connection status screen, and the gyro image with the does not show left turns or right turns. It also periodically does not read the MPH. Which is leading me to think I have a dud. Any ideas?

I bought it locally. I got a pretty good deal on it. I just want to make sure that I've done everything possible before I take it back. Yesterday I was driving, the gyro did a semi 180 degree turn on it's own, and then the map ended up slanted with the with the arrow pointing strait. The route was set, then no voice guidance. It did this once yesterday.

Thanks for the help. I guess I will be exchanging this unit on Monday. I reset it, and now the voice guidance wouldn't speak. Not until I was almost at my destination. Only to say "You have arrived at your destination." The position was off to the left and never found the street.

img_0675.jpg

I have good a good GPS signal, and the 3D Calibration Status screen always says Sensor Initializing. The Speed never changes either.

img_0671.jpg

img_0672.jpg

Your going to need more then 74 miles for the learning status to exit the initializing phase. I had to put about a thousand miles on my unit before the GPS was dead on. You may try to reposition your antenna as well. Also go into the LANGUAGE screen and re-select the TTS voice. Based on those pics, I am not quite convinced that your unit is defective yet.

OK, I changed to the Samantha TTS, that voice is a bit more computerized than just plain English. I notice GPS try to find itself continously. Still having me on the wrong side of the road, then shifting over the the left side and putting me to the right side of the road. Often it would be 25 feet behind my current location. This is very frustrating for it to react in this way right out of the box. When it seem like it was acting fine, telling me when to turn right or left, after one direction, it would freeze leaving up the last direction. In this example, it told me "Left turn ahead" then put up my final turn on to Parsonfield Ct, but froze. I was already on the street and in the driveway and the graphic didn't change.

img_0677.jpg