AVIC411.com

No Videos from Iphone3gs

Just recently got my z110bt installed (with bypass), now I'm just using the normal usb to iphone cord to connect to the usb on the z110bt and also using a separate cable going from the headphone jack (on the top of the iphone3gs) to the female cable on the z110bt. Now the iphone connects and I hear audio but what I click on the video option to watch a movie/podcast/music video from the iphone the audio keeps playing but there's no video just a black screen. Anyone have any thoughts..? I was thinking it may some sort of problem to due with the fact that I'm not using the approved cable from pioneer but not sure.

I was under the impression that I would be able to watch YouTube videos via the Iphone's YouTube app :?:

I have no videos sync'ed to my Iphone ATM, and I'm assuming this would be why the Video button is grayed out on my head unit :?:

IPhone 3GS... latest FW...CD-IU50V cable

I was under the impression that I would be able to watch YouTube videos via the Iphone's YouTube app :?:

I have no videos sync'ed to my Iphone ATM, and I'm assuming this would be why the Video button is grayed out on my head unit :?:

IPhone 3GS... latest FW...CD-IU50V cable

Yes, The iPhone does not support the playback of You Tube out of the dock connector. You can only watch Videos synced to it.

Yes, The iPhone does not support the playback of You Tube out of the dock connector. You can only watch Videos synced to it.

Wrong, The YouTube app on the iPhone does output to the TVOUT extension of the iPhone. You will need to put at least one video on the phone so the unit will switch to video mode. Once you have selected the video button on the screen and select the video that you have on your phone, you can open the YouTube app and start to play your vid. It will be output through the dock connector and displayed on the screen. Below is a demo of this in action from JasonH's demo vids. It starts at 1:44

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=29283

Wrong, The YouTube app on the iPhone does output to the TVOUT extension of the iPhone. You will need to put at leased one video on the phone so the unit will switch to video mode. Once you have selected the video button on the screen and select the video that you have on your phone, you can open the YouTube app and start to play your vid. It will be output through the dock connector and displayed on the screen. Below is a demo of theis in action from JasonH's demo vids. It starts at 1:44

that's true just saw that on the demo video, Getting the cord tomorrow so hopefully that solves my video problem

Wrong, The YouTube app on the iPhone does output to the TVOUT extension of the iPhone. You will need to put at least one video on the phone so the unit will switch to video mode. Once you have selected the video button on the screen and select the video that you have on your phone, you can open the YouTube app and start to play your vid. It will be output through the dock connector and displayed on the screen. Below is a demo of this in action from JasonH's demo vids. It starts at 1:44

You are correct my mistake, yes you need to have a video in order for the function to activate. Good Call!

• 3 weeks later...