AVIC411.com

Compass direction wrong

Hello. I've searched the forum for possible solutions for my issue. I saw some other posts on the same topic , tried the suggestions but no luck. I have a z1 upgraded to a z3 (garrettoomey's drives). All connections are fine (vss, speed pulse etc.) GPS signal is good. My problem is the compass is in the wrong direction when going east or west. North and south is fine. Ihave no problems using the maps and the system gives me the proper turn by turn directions. I've gone ahead and reset calibration several times and it will not work. Now I purchased this unit used and it was in another vehicle. I have not done a hard reset as a last resort, but my understanding is there are several different types of resets. Can someone please tell me which one I should perform to absolutley reset the unit and the proper steps. thanks for your help.

I am not sure what 'compass' you are talking about. The Z does not have a compass. If you are talking about the red arrow compass looking thing in the upper right corner, it is just a north indicator. If you click it, north will always be up. If you click it again, the map will rotate so that you are always driving towards the top of the screen.

• 5 months later...
I am not sure what 'compass' you are talking about. The Z does not have a compass. If you are talking about the red arrow compass looking thing in the upper right corner, it is just a north indicator. If you click it, north will always be up. If you click it again, the map will rotate so that you are always driving towards the top of the screen.

Thanks garret for that info!! I have been trying to figuire that out for awhile... :D