AVIC411.com

HU Power down going from ACC to Start.

Hi all. I just installed my Z110 a few days ago and I'm experiencing a problem that I hope isn't normal. If I get in my truck and turn the key to the accessory position the HU powers up normally. Now if I go from ACC to start after listening to music or playing with the Nav for a few minutes, the HU turns completely off and takes a minute or so to come back on. The buttons don't even illuminate during this process. It's almost like the HU has to completely power down before it can come back up. Twice when this happened I was listening to songs on my thumb drive and when the HU finally came back up it wouldn't recognize my USB device. If this isn't normal, any suggestions on how I might correct this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

My Z110BT does the same thing, however I think its a function of the vehicle's wiring because a friend has the same unit in a mustang but his does not shutdown going to acc to start. FYI I've got a 2007 VW GTI, must be something with how VW wired it together. The odd thing is my factory navigation system would blackout the screen and audio but would come back immediately after the car started (unlike the AVIC).

My Z110BT does the same thing, however I think its a function of the vehicle's wiring because a friend has the same unit in a mustang but his does not shutdown going to acc to start. FYI I've got a 2007 VW GTI, must be something with how VW wired it together. The odd thing is my factory navigation system would blackout the screen and audio but would come back immediately after the car started (unlike the AVIC).

Thanks Robert, I wouldn't think the vehicle type should matter if wired correctly. Once on Acc it should be getting constant power. What's strange is that I don't remember this happening when I first wired it up. It would black out momentarily but immediately come back up. I'm going to play with some of the settings to see if it makes a difference.

I'm assuming you have a diesel truck, and you're turning the ACC on to heat the glow plugs and why it's an issue...in which I could see how this would be aggravating...

If in that case what I would do.... Would be to tap into something that does not lose power during startup... Perhaps the fuel pump... I say fuel pump, but really I probably wouldn't do that to my own rig....But there has to be something at the fuse panel that you could tap into that doesn't lose power, and more fitting for the task....maybe try to see if the cig lighter loses power ... BUT... I would use a diode so that power only goes one way....

I would think that a cap would work, but would probably have to be fairly big one, I would think... I'm not knowledgeable enough about caps though.... I do know I've turned them into firecrackers on several occasions :lol:

I'm assuming you have a diesel truck, and you're turning the ACC on to heat the glow plugs and why it's an issue...in which I could see how this would be aggravating...

If in that case what I would do.... Would be to tap into something that does not lose power during startup... Perhaps the fuel pump... I say fuel pump, but really I probably wouldn't do that to my own rig....But there has to be something at the fuse panel that you could tap into that doesn't lose power, and more fitting for the task....maybe try to see if the cig lighter loses power ... BUT... I would use a diode so that power only goes one way....

I would think that a cap would work, but would probably have to be fairly big one, I would think... I'm not knowledgeable enough about caps though.... I do know I've turned them into firecrackers on several occasions :lol:

No diesel, I just find this an irritating flaw with the system. I normally leave the radio on while getting gas, waiting on the wife, etc. and am just looking for a workaround if possible.

No diesel, I just find this an irritating flaw with the system. I normally leave the radio on while getting gas, waiting on the wife, etc. and am just looking for a workaround if possible.

You could always have the unit wired directly to the battery, not sure how to do, but a install guy should know. The only thing is remember to turn it off otherwise the battery runs down.