AVIC411.com

3.0 upgrade and bluetooth woes

Hey people,

Just so you know, I -HAVE- searched and read posts, and even PM'd people who reported the same issues, with no luck. So, if this IS covered somewhere that I did not pick it up, I apologize in advance.

However, I had a number of things go wonky when I installed the 3.0 update a few months ago (yeah, Ive been busy and havent had a chance to chase it down). Most of the issues are livable, but the main issue I'm having is my bluetooth. So here's the scoop:

BEFORE THE 3.0 update:

a) If I was on the phone (iphone 3gs) when I got in the car, the bluetooth would recognize it and move it to the car bluetooth once the phone connected.

B) If I was on the phone via bluetooth and stopped the car and got out, the call would automatically switch to the handset.

AFTER the update:

a) If Im on the phone when I get in the car, the bluetooth seems to TRY to grab the phone call, but it doesnt make it. My phone switches to the pioneer, but the poineer doesnt pick it up, so the caller goes into LIMBO until i manually switch back to the handset. Like I said, this worked perfect before the update.

B) When I stop the car and get out, its the same as hitting hang-up on the call. It's a hard disconnect. Again, this did not happen before the update.

Ive seen people talk about different bluetooth versions and such. Just hoping someone could give me some insight into this, and tell me how I can get it working. The other people with the issue keep getting told by Pioneer that "they're working on it".

I trust what I read here more than what I hear from Pioneer!

Yes this is a definate problem. I did not realize though that it was fine before the update. I am usually for long periode of time in my car as I have a long drive to work and I never noticed this with the 2.0, but the couple times that I had calls and left my car, it cut them off. because of this now, I dont get out of the car until I am done my call:( . Do you have 3.0 or 3.01? The 3.01 update may fix this. I was going to upgrade, but my philosophy is if it aint broke, dont fix it, and I did not realize that this may be an issue that is covered in the update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...