AVIC411.com

The X920 looks incredible! I love the 3-d look of the maps and the larger screen... Can't wait to see what the Z series looks like! Pioneer is starting to show stuff on their website. Hopefully we will see more today! With the price of the X920 coming in around 1200, what will the price of the Z run?? Looks like I am going to have to save up some more money...

Do you think the update will be available right away, if there is one for the 110? The 920 looks great but as of right now I am still pushing towards the 110. Hey VBLUE42 can the update possibly include some of the new things done with the 920 or is that not possible? It looks like they put in alot more 3d options with the maps and the motion wheel...

Pioneer does the same thing every year for timelines.

April, release lower cost units.

July map updates come out

September the Z is updated.

the focus is always on the low cost units, which is understandable since they sell alot more of. The Z gets software updates and the hardware stays the same. The deck itself was the same hardware for like four years. They finally did something just last year, which may mean we wont see any hardware changes this year.

Hey VBLUE42 can the update possibly include some of the new things done with the 920 or is that not possible? It looks like they put in alot more 3d options with the maps and the motion wheel...

From what I see the Z could certainly be updated to the new features. To me it looks like the same map software though.

I think you are probably right. They typically beg dealers for orders at CES on newer models which ship in like march. The best business decision would be to push the 920 because it is actually a big change, not the Z because it won't change except for software. They usually have another product intro in April, and then they will start taking orders on the new models and the software to update old models. Bet we see the Z120 and some sort of SD card to update the 110 then

Pioneer does the same thing every year for timelines.

April, release lower cost units.

July map updates come out

September the Z is updated.

the focus is always on the low cost units, which is understandable since they sell alot more of. The Z gets software updates and the hardware stays the same. The deck itself was the same hardware for like four years. They finally did something just last year, which may mean we wont see any hardware changes this year.