AVIC411.com

HOW TO:Add the Diaftia Hybrid Mods Split Screen to your mods

This is the instructions to add this screen into your mods:

First off this is not the easiest mod. Make sure you back up things so if you botch this in your zip file you can go back to what you had before. In these instructions I am going to ignore the paths of files that already exist. For example if you dont know where the navigatemap.ui and the navigatemap_800_480.ui file are then you probably should not be attempting this. There are a lot of scripts that need to be edited and added. You have been warned now to the good stuff.

Looking at this code you are going to have to make sure that all of the elements that exist in the splitscreenmap state exist in your mods. They might or might not. You have to remember that this screen was heavily integrated into my mods. I did the best I could to make it generic for this thread but there might be problems. Most experienced modders should be able to trace them down.

Open up the navigatemap.ui file and paste this at the top of that file in the section:

Paste this at the end of the navigatemap.ui file:

;	

Find the script "sc_ShowSignpostLayer" in the navigatemap.ui file and add this line:

sprLaneInfoSignpost2.y 9

Find the script "sc_HideSignpostLayer" in the navigatemap.ui file and add this line:

sprLaneInfoSignpost2.y -500

Find the script "sc_attach_lane_big" in the navigatemap.ui file and add these lines (a note here is that you will be using your existing lane info arrows here not mine):

ATTACH_LANEINFO sprLaneInfo2 "$laneinfo.ini"
ATTACH_LANEINFO sprLaneInfoSignpost2 "$laneinfo_signpost.ini"

Now open the Navigatemap_800_480.ui file and add this in someplace in that file.

;Background

;Lane info 

;Follow button

;Street icons

;Distance to Manuver

;Destination info	

;Separators

;Current Speed

;Plain Text in Route

;Actual street plain text no route

;Dir icon

;Signpost for splitscreen

;Stop Playback

;Route Info

;Posted Speed Limit

;Compass

;Speedcam

;Footer

Copy the files in the attachment to the proper directories. They are labeled in the zip file when you extract it. So make sure to extract the files to their original folders within the zip.

Split_Screen_Files.rar

I believe that is everything. Hopefully someone takes a stab at this and can let me know what to update this thread with if anything. There might be some things in the map click script that need to be altered based on what is in others mods.

Alex (Diaftia)

post-26802-12872760871622_thumb.jpg

Very nice, Alex. Thanks!

Three additional things are needed 1) in variable def.ini in the section under ******************12.16************ add

2) you'll need a call button to the split screen. I made one and attached it here. Basically it's just the cutout from Alex's quicklaunch button. It's a little blurry, but I don't have a decent camera to make a better one.

3) in navigatemap800_480 file you need to add the action to split screen. I put mine in NavigatMapButtons section.

Haven't had it out on the road yet, but it works in simulation fine.

split screen bmp.zip

Thanks NSEW! Had a feeling I was forgetting something. Forgot about the variable in variabledef. Though I had them all at the top.

Thanks Guys,

I copied everything over and it works like a charm! I think this is a great addition to the AVIC Nav system.

Thank YOU to Alex and NSEW. I knew NSEW would come back!

Jimbo

Thanks NSEW! Had a feeling I was forgetting something. Forgot about the variable in variabledef. Though I had them all at the top.

Thanks Guys,

I copied everything over and it works like a charm! I think this is a great addition to the AVIC Nav system.

Jimbo

It was all Alex. As soon as someoone would have said they got an error message, Alex would have had it figured out pretty quickly.

Thanks Guys,

Jimbo

It was all Alex. As soon as someoone would have said they got an error message, Alex would have had it figured out pretty quickly.

Thanks for the assist. :)

Where exactly is this section......variable def.ini.....

I went into the variable_def.ui and I dont see anything labeled **************************12.16***************************

Found everything else and got it coded just needs to find this last part. Also will this work with IDT's mod which is the one I'm currently using, but I like this split screen option.

Good Job,

Thx :D

Where exactly is this section......variable def.ini.....

I went into the variable_def.ui and I dont see anything labeled **************************12.16***************************

Found everything else and got it coded just needs to find this last part. Also will this work with IDT's mod which is the one I'm currently using, but I like this split screen option.

Good Job,

Thx :D

Should work. Just need to make sure everything maps out.

Dont worry about that line label. Just make sure the variable is in there somplace with all the others. It doesnt matter where. You can even put it in the navigatemap file with the other variable.

• 4 months later...