AVIC411.com

IPod Random Play(Shuffle) Complaint

I've tried a couple of things to try to resolve my issue.... But I'm striking out...

I listen to my Ipod in shuffle mode... as in, shuffle all songs(random)...

But as my music goes along, I often come to a song of an artist, in which I would like to hear either the previous track of, or just a couple tracks down from the one currently playing....

How do I just skip to that song? The only option is the "shuffle all" button just below the Ipod interface on the Avic... In which does nothing more than skip to the next random track, and leaves it in shuffle all mode... Should it not skip through "shuffle all", "shuffle album/artist", and "not shuffle/none"? I always have to use VC to get back to the artist/album I was just playing, which fails half the time because of BT/VR bug, or resort to manually scrolling to it...

Am I dumb, or is this another poo-butt bug?

Any help is appreciated...

You need to do it manually. But if you think about it you can't even do that on your iPod. In order to go to a song by that artist you need to exit shuffle and browse by artist.

However I wish for the same. That shuffle button should turn it off and allow you to browse that album.

Hmm... I've only had the Iphone and IPod Touch as far as Ipod's go... But now that you say it, I could see how this is not possible with normal Ipod's...

Speaking of which, I just realized that my topic sounds stupid... It makes it sound like I have a complaint with one of these..

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

In which, I have a complaint with song shuffling....

Isn't that what the button "Link artist" was made for?

SOB....I believe you are correct.... After reading the manual again, it does seem to be what I'm looking for... I don't know why, but I was thinking that Link functions were for XM only...

It's a little round-a-bout way of doing it... but that'll definitely get me going...

Thanks Grestorn!!!

I've been using the link buttons for the past couple of days.... and it now makes complete sense as to why it is this way... It really is a great feature, as you have the option to browse either the ,genre, artist or just the album...

Thanks again Grestorn....

The only other thing, would be that I wish it would jump to a list view after hitting the link options, instead of remaining on the settings screen.... but whatever...no biggie....

If I were to have it my way, I would have those link buttons in an "auto hide" menu bar off to the side or something.....blah..blah...just rambling...