AVIC411.com

MSN Direct Service until January 1st, 2012 for $19.95!

So now the big question is why aren't the tuners getting marked down as well? This makes no sense to me. What good is lowering the price of the subscription when you still have to shell out around $80-$100 bucks to throw it away in less then 2 years time? Am I missing something. I would think the deal for the Avic Z110BT should be something like this: Get the tuner and subscription for $100 till MSN ends in 2012. Do people agree?

So now the big question is why aren't the tuners getting marked down as well? This makes no sense to me. What good is lowering the price of the subscription when you still have to shell out around $80-$100 bucks to throw it away in less then 2 years time? Am I missing something. I would think the deal for the Avic Z110BT should be something like this: Get the tuner and subscription for $100 till MSN ends in 2012. Do people agree?

+1. This is exactly what I'm waiting for. Until then there's no way I'm buying a $100 tuner to throw it away.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm looking to purchase a HU in the next month or so. Lack of traffic is a deal breaker. Has Pioneer given any indication if they'll be offering an alternative traffic provider to current units? Unless I'm missing something buying a current Pioneer HU, and counting on traffic in 2012 is a gamble. Don't know if it will be available or for how much. I don't know if I missed some press release that had the info.

I'm looking at the Kenwood with lifetime Navteq or the new JVC with lifetime HD traffic.

'm considering the new JVC KW-NT3HDT. It includes lifetime traffic. It uses the new HD Total Traffic Plus system.

http://www.clearchannel.com/Radio/Press ... aseID=2696

Traffic looks great but the rest of the unit doesn't look exceptional.

edited to ask--Do you know how the Kenwood bluetooth works with steering wheel controls? I know I'll have to purchase PAC SWI-JACKv1 or the Metra equivalent.

• 1 month later...