AVIC411.com

October 06 Model

I tried the flashing light trick a few time and had no success... I came back on the forum n checked out the flashing light method. I reseted my Z1 (and had the ground off) and flashed my lights. I could hear my DVD play but couldn't see it. So i then flip my ground switch to on (to view the DVD). I took it out for a spin and it played all the way through my ride :D:D

If the flashing method worked, will Ducatti boy's flasher work?

Your asking about ducati's flasher, but you said flashing your lights didn't work. From what I know your z1 requires the parking brake wire to be grounded and the pin in connector 2 to be grounded in order to bypass. The flashy light thing doesn't work on z1s made after july

Did you go over 15 MPH?

Sometimes it takes time for the Z1 to calibrate itself and to figure out if you're moving or not.

As far as everyone here knows, an October 06 model will NOT work with the light flashing trick or Ducatiboys circuit.

However, you're more than welcome to try it, I'm sure Ducati won't mind the order. But, I think that give it a little time, you'll find yourself with the lockouts again.

In your PM's to me you didn't mention the reset and the ground "switch".

What's happening is for the first 50 miles or so of the Z1's life, just grounding the parking brake is enough for it to unlock stuff moving or not. But eventually it will start realizing that you are moving and lock you back out again.

I would bet money that flashing your lights is not doing anything, but it's cause you reset the unit.

I'll bet if you reset the unit, didn't flash your lights you would get the same thing.

But unless you ground the secret wire in connector 2, it will eventually pop up a parking brake warning message. You should ground that wire in connector 2 like I tell you to for the 07/06 bypass and then flip your ground switch on all the time and you will be good to go.

As much as I would like to sell you something and make a few bucks, my circuit (or anyone else's for that matter) will not work for a July 06 and newer Z1.

Did you go over 15 MPH?

Sometimes it takes time for the Z1 to calibrate itself and to figure out if you're moving or not.

As far as everyone here knows, an October 06 model will NOT work with the light flashing trick or Ducatiboys circuit.

However, you're more than welcome to try it, I'm sure Ducati won't mind the order. But, I think that give it a little time, you'll find yourself with the lockouts again.

I drove up to 40 last nite and 40-50MPH this morning and it still worked. I PM ducatti boy about this and I'm going to research some more on it.

Why don't you just ground the other pin?

No research, no randomly driving around, it just works.

Theres no reason not to in my opinion. You're just wasting your own time trying to figure it out when its already been figured out; ground the other pin. But hey, its your time, feel free to waste it if you want.

The reason he is doing some testing is that he says that flashing the lights will bypass his october unit. I (and no one else here) though you could do that. If he is willing to spend some time to see if it's really true, I would appreciate it. I know I won't sell any circuits for newer units IF (and that's a big if) flashing happens to work too. Who would want to buy a circuit to do the same thing grounding 2 pins does? But I'm really curious if there is a "3rd" version of Z1 where the flashing and grounding both work.

So when he tells me that flashing works, he is either confused what is enabling these locked out features (not testing things one at a time, or is unaware how this crazy complicated thing works) in which case, maybe I should re-word my instructions to avoid confusion like this in the future. Or he really has a unit where both work. I, personally, would like to know which.

• 4 weeks later...

I posted this elsewhere, But my Z1 seems to work with only the parking brake grounded. I have over 400 miles on it (in one day, however), and I just tried to watch a dvd on the highway with only the brake grounded and it worked. I don't think my speed pulse line is connected, though.

Action, I also answered you in the other post:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22164

Just doing parking brake will not work forever, it's not reliable and there is no way to know when it will stop working. It's also possible that your installer did the second ground wire for you without your knowledge. But look for the pop up of the parking brake not being hooked up correctly.