AVIC411.com

Upgraded from 3.00.03 to 3.02.02 - Problems!

Hey guys, I finally worked out why my F710BT wasn't updating but the problem was the way i had formatted the SD card on my mac... so anyway I updated from 3.00.03 to 3.02.02.

It all seemed to go to plan, then when it restarted it looked normal but... "system startup in progress" stays on the screen (unless I go into audio source, and it moves out of the way, but upon going back to the main menu it is still there) - if I was to click navigation then I can't get past that disclaimer screen (can't see the button anyway as its underneath the startup message anyway), then it gets worse, the system restarts itself every 3-4 minutes or so :(

If this is the problems I have doing the factory update, I'm really going to screw up putting on the diaftia stuff :roll:

Can anyone be of assistance? I've booted into testmode out of curiosity but haven't done anything in there yet :)

I have tried the reset button at the top left to no avail... is there anything i can do in testmode to maybe roll back the changes? Although I would like to have the new version working...

Saying that, i don't have a backup it didn't even occur to me to try before i did a proper factory update, I would have backed up before trying any mods...

Could anybody offer any advice I'm pretty stuck here guys :(

ho-kay... not entirely sure why nobodies even talking to me but I have been trying different things so if anyone would like to give me a leg up this should give them the complete picture...

• Thought on a whim that installing the Diafia Hybrid v2.3 might fix things, I did all the copy and pasting and deleted that user data (except for favourites.dat) but this didn't help the problem...

• I have tried deleting the 4 bin files in the flash root - no change

• due to the fact that I can get into the audio stuff fine but not the navigation, i thought maybe it was related to maps... so i downloaded the latest (or what I think is the latest) maps file (UnitedKingdom8.3TA_2009.09_091026.fbl) and swapped this for the one that was there (renamed the UnitedKingdom7PPC.fbl to UnitedKingdom7PPC.fbl.bak then renamed the new UnitedKingdom8.3TA_2009.09_091026.fbl to UnitedKingdom7PPC.fbl) - this also didn't make any difference

(edit: I did wonder why the UK one had "7PPC" after it, so I renamed to just UnitedKingdom.fbl... still didn't work)

If I'm honest, I don't really know what I'm doing and am just trying difference things from scouring this forum - could someone at least tell me if i'm heading in the right direction? Really don't want to send it back to pioneer if I could do it myself...

anyone?

So...

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29258

Read on this thread about downloading and using a hacked EZrider.exe, along with a generic licence file... Since at the bottom of the first post someone expresses the same problems as me I figured I had finally found a solution.

As previously mentioned I had already updated the .fbl map file (UnitedKingdom8.3TA_2009.09_091026.fbl) so didn't use the maps linked to in that thread as I think they're US anyway.

So, I have tried pretty much everything I can find and I'm still stuck with a "System startup in progress" message stopping me getting into the nav, and the unit still restarts every minute or so.

Want to know the annoying thing? since nobody is helping me on here I am trying to find help on other sites, and they all say ask on bloody AVIC411 as they are the guys to who'll know the answer!!!

Spose this is the last time I'll ask since I need it sorted, if anyone can help me out please do else I guess I'll have to ship it off to Pioneer and I'll never find out what was wrong with it.

Christ I'll even pay someone by PayPal gift if thats what it comes to to get a helping hand!

Rang a pioneer outlet today and they said if I take it in then they would sort it under warranty... Is there any reason why none of you knowledgeable folk on here want to help me out? I feel like I'm going to have to drive 60 miles (the nearest one) and be left without a stereo for 3 weeks for no reason when I could have sorted it myself with a little guidance.

Is there a way to roll back drivers? is there a way to force it to redo the update? do the problems I have point to one specific file being faulty?

The only thing i can think of is to restore your original Flash Disc through Testmode.If you didn't make a back up there are links on here to download complete flash drives.If you want to send me your details(and a blank SD card :) )I am more than happy to send you a copy of mine.I know how frustrating it is when things go wrong,been there and got the Tee shirt!

This happened to me the first time I ran the update. You need to find a 2.0 backup and restore that. Then do the 3.0 update again. It wont boot from the 3.0 update because it sees that its already there. Just restore a 2.0 flash disk backup and then perform the 3.0 update again. When you restore 2.0 it will have the same please wait message but just do all the steps before it reboots and you will be fine.

thanks loads for the reply diaftia!

can i ask 3 quick questions:

1) this is the f710bt not the f700bt... it actually came with the 3.0 software on and has never seen version 2... do you still recommend I put 2 on? I have an american f700bt v2 image that I found in one of the threads (a turboss ftp site?) - will that do for this exercise? Would it not be better to use say an X910BT v3.01 (US) image I have found and just update that using my official pioneer download to UK v3.02? would that not work?

2) if I was to do this, am i going to have a problem with the wince stuff? at the moment i use the latest testmode files and all works great but i think i read somewhere that wince will need to be downgraded to go to 2 and upgraded again to get back to 3?

3) could you explain what you mean by "do all the steps before it reboots"?

I feel like I am on the verge of sorting it now so really, thanks a lot ;)

thanks loads for the reply diaftia!

can i ask 3 quick questions:

1) this is the f710bt not the f700bt... it actually came with the 3.0 software on and has never seen version 2... do you still recommend I put 2 on? I have an american f700bt v2 image that I found in one of the threads (a turboss ftp site?) - will that do for this exercise? Would it not be better to use say an X910BT v3.01 (US) image I have found and just update that using my official pioneer download to UK v3.02? would that not work?

2) if I was to do this, am i going to have a problem with the wince stuff? at the moment i use the latest testmode files and all works great but i think i read somewhere that wince will need to be downgraded to go to 2 and upgraded again to get back to 3?

3) could you explain what you mean by "do all the steps before it reboots"?

I feel like I am on the verge of sorting it now so really, thanks a lot ;)

1. Hmmm I can't speak expertly on this since I don't have this model. Knowing that my input would be this; If your unit is a newer one and came with 3.x then I would try to find someone that did a backup of a original unmodified version and copy that back. You dont need to worry about the downgrade. Recopying a original setup *should* work. I would try to find a UK backup so that you get those maps. Otherwise I would think you could find another backup and restore the UK maps. You might need to use a hacked EZRider and license to use the different maps from what came on the backup though. Hence its better just to locate a original UK 3.02.02 backup to restore. If you have your original *UNMODIFIED* 3.00.03 backup you can copy that back and then try the update to 3.02.02 again. If you backed up after you modified then I would start searching. ;)

2. Not needed based on 1.

3. If you are getting a system startup please wait message the unit will sit there for a while and eventually reboot. Since you are just restoring the files from a backup in testmode now, you don't need to worry about this.