AVIC411.com

Random USB/IPod Failures

Ever so often, the IPod will not load up during boot... No menu option...no charging... disconnecting/reconnecting does nothing...turning the unit off/on does nothing..

However, I can simply turn my truck off, and crank it back up, and it'll start working again..

Just curious if anyone else has seen this?

It's completely random and I have found no way of duplicating it...

hmmm... yeah I've done it several times as my IPod had a hard time at first..well, at least after I updated to it's latest FW.....

Forgot to mention that I tried to swap the IPod with my Iphone when it happens, and it too won't work.

It's like the unit skipped pass the USB "check" during boot up... My guess is that the unit refuse to load the driver for the CD-IU50V cable....

Oh well.... it's only done it 3 times since I installed it... I guess I can just cross my fingers and hope that a future update might fix it...

I would say something is certainly interrupting the access to the iPod on boot up. Out of curiosity, which iPod do you have and also how many BT devices are in your car when this happens. Also, do you have an SD card with AV content on it inserted in the unit during boot?

I have the IPod Touch 64GB... BT and WiFi turned off... 1 movie file

1 IPhone 3GS connected to BT

No SD Card inserted

I do have a DVD in the disc player

When this happens, the source is set to off... Which makes sense, being that I listen to my IPod 95% of the time...

And now that I say that, I can't say that it has happened when the source is set to anything else, when I shut the truck down...