AVIC411.com

night map mode switching

anybody else having issues with the map mode day/night automatic switching. I've got the avic-x910bt hooked up through a gmos-04 adapter on my 06 chevy 2500hd. I tried hooking the ill wire up to the orange, and then the orange/white wire on the gmos,then ran it right to a lighting wire on some aftermartket gauges. I can see the screen brightness change when the lights come on but the map never changes from day to night mode when set to automatic in the settings. I can change it manually ok.

anybody else having issues with the map mode day/night automatic switching. I've got the avic-x910bt hooked up through a gmos-04 adapter on my 06 chevy 2500hd. I tried hooking the ill wire up to the orange, and then the orange/white wire on the gmos,then ran it right to a lighting wire on some aftermartket gauges. I can see the screen brightness change when the lights come on but the map never changes from day to night mode when set to automatic in the settings. I can change it manually ok.

Day/Night mode changes depending on GPS time and position. Headlight sensor only changes screenbrightness.

Thanks a lot for the info,as usual the poeple using the units know more about it than the manufacturer. I was on the phone with pioneer tech support this morning and he insisted that it was the ill wire that triggered the switch between night and day map mode. Do you know what the magic time is when the switch occurs ?

Thanks a lot for the info,as usual the poeple using the units know more about it than the manufacturer. I was on the phone with pioneer tech support this morning and he insisted that it was the ill wire that triggered the switch between night and day map mode. Do you know what the magic time is when the switch occurs ?

Not really. There's some kind of magic in iGO that decides when the sun should be down in whatever location GPS is reporting...

You definately nailed it. I went out about 7pm and sure enough it switched over to night map mode. Not sure I understand why they would use 2 different triggers for screen brightness and the map mode switching,guess I don't see the big picture. Anyway thanks for the good info, looks like all is working normally.

You definately nailed it. I went out about 7pm and sure enough it switched over to night map mode. Not sure I understand why they would use 2 different triggers for screen brightness and the map mode switching,guess I don't see the big picture. Anyway thanks for the good info, looks like all is working normally.

Hard to say why they went that way... Probably so that non-Navi screens could be controlled off of headlights. Scheme switching is a native iGO function, so they just kept that.

Of course iGO could control screen brightness itself (it does on PDA versions), but may be they wanted to give you more flexibility...