AVIC411.com

iPod - Authorization Failed/iPod Not Connected

Has anyone seen this? I have an older iPod 2004 model that I had been using with my previous Pioneer as a media storage exclusively my car. When I attempt to hook it up to the unit with the USB and audio adapter provided with the unit I receive this error on the head unit "Authorization Failed/iPod not connected". I have hooked up my iPhone 3GS the same way with no problems. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work?

• 4 weeks later...

Bummer. I just started to get this error. It happened once about a week and a half ago, and suddenly I was getting authorization failures with either my ipod or iphone that normally work, but when I got home and went out to investigate it more was working again.

But now I cant get either to work at all. Looks like something fried. Annoying.

• 7 months later...

I just started getting this error to. It first started last week when I turn my truck on and the Z110BT locked up on the splash screen (Factory slash). I then turned the truck off and I got the error from my iPod so I tried my iPhone and I got the same thing. The only way I could get it to start working again is ejecting the SD card and let it reset the unit.

I have updated the Z110BT to the Z120BT GUI. I did not use the torrent or hack that is out I bought it strait threw Pioneer. I also updated the unit to the newest firmware that just came out also but I thing that update was just for the bluetooth.

Has anyone else done these updates also and getting these errors?

• 9 months later...

I had this issue too. NOW RUNNING OS 4.3.3 AND EVERYTHING IS FIIIINE

HERE IS THE SOLUTION!!!

This is guaranteed to work

1. BACK UP YOUR IPHONE

2. IN ITUNES UNCHECK "Sync Apps" (MOST IMPORTANT STEP!)

3. DELETE ALL APPS, MUSIC & MOVIES (BEST TO RESTORE or UPDATE)

4. ADD/SYNC MUSIC & MOVIES

5. FINALLY SYNC APPS

The problem is with the way iTunes syncs it writes apps first and that messes ipod music & videos somehow!!

Enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

I just restore my iphone to 4.3.3 and the same thing is still happening. I plug in my ipod and it charges, but doesn't connect. The iphone won't charge or connect. This is getting annoying. Mine's been doing it for over a month now.

I had this problem for months, only to find out, the interface connector to the iPod/iPhone was not seated properly.

What I did was, got a can of compressed air and sprayed directly into the connector and the iPod/iPhone female slot. No more authntication issues to date.

• 1 year later...