AVIC411.com

Z110BT + Audi + Connect2 Wiring Harness + HIDs = no audio!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... Got a strange one here. I've got an Audi A3 that came with factory Halogen headlights. I installed my Z110BT with the Connect2 wiring harness kit (smaller than the PAC one, simpler) and it was working great. I just recently installed aftermarket HIDs in the car, and now I've got a very strange issue...

If the Z110BT is started up already, and I turn on my headlights.. about 70% of the time the audio will cut out! Now i'm not saying ALL audio cuts out -- but rather, just the audio source dies. iPod, HD Radio, CD ... doesn't matter. I can switch sources and hear all the menu/interface beeps through the speakers without any issues. Usually after changing audio sources 2-3 times, the audio will come back -- but not all the way. Sometimes it will just be the back speakers, other times its all of them -- except for the subwoofer... The only real fix is to turn the car off and turn it back on. :(

Has anyone seen any behavior like this?

(also, i have the factory BOSE system, so the Z110BT is actually routing all its audio through the line-outs directly into the factory amp)

I'd even be happy if I could just reset the Z110BT while I was driving when this happens, but I can't seem to find a way to do that...

how are your hids wired? are they drawing all their power thru the factory harness? I would have run a relay inline with the battery as the power supply.