AVIC411.com

i have a avic f700 and it keeps restarting itself. Every 10 mins it will cut off and go to a blank screen and then back to the splash screen and says "system is powering on". Also sometimes the screen doesnt always respond when i select somethin or ill push it and itll at stay highlighted as if im holding it down. Any idea what could be causing this and what could i do to fix it?

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone, Has anyone gotten a response for this? I too am having this issue. Started this morning. It seemed to start out first with the XM system. It would keep cutting in and out and had to do system restart, then after I restarted my vehicle, the unit(Head unit) would just restart as well. Mine is an AVIC-900BT. Could it be because this unit is running Windows?

I have the same problem. I have the unit since 2008 and the problem comes and goes. There'll be months with NO issues.. and then there'll be days when it reboots 4-5 times within a 30 min drive.

This is not quite the same problem as the infamous "reboot at start-up". My system boots, plays music.. and reboots after 5-10 min of usage.

I have a F90, so I had 2 years to send to Pioneer to repair this problem. Over and over again they'd just reload the software and that's about it. I tried calling them, emailing them.... they'd never reply to my inquiries regarding the problem. They just receive my unit, reload, and reship it back to me.

I've lost my faith with Pioneer. This is probably the last Pioneer I'll ever purchase. Tech support is no use. Company can't fix a problem that's reoccurring. Shame.

• 2 weeks later...