AVIC411.com

Treo 700W Connection Problem---HELP

I just had a Z-1 installed yesterday after doing research and am excited to have it. i just wanted to say thanks to this forum with all the helpful tips with how to bypass so i have full Nav controls and DVD while in motion. As soon as i got home i tore it apart and found a shitty installation but nevertheless I grounded the wires and it is beautiful.

Now my problem. I connected my Treo to the unit and that went smooth. I do have an echo problem though but my real problem is that i lose my phone connection after talking for 5-10 minutes everytime. As soon as it loses connection it tells me, hangs up the phone, and re establishes connection. I called Pioneer and no help. I called Verizon and no help. So i am hoping someone here has an explanation and better yet a fix. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with my Treo700wx (Sprint) staying connected to the Z1. I can make and received calls but the call will disconnect after a few minutes everytime.

I've had the z1 back at the dealer and they installed the "new updates" via the CD. Unfortunately, that didn't help.

I noticed someone posted the same question about the Treo700w but I didn't see any responses. I did see a post about a possible firmware upgrade for my phone, the ZB12 updates. Did this work and does it apply to my phone?

Any info or help would be great and thank you in advance.

Look around for pocketpc registry hacks. I had this issue with my XV6600 and had to modify the registry to keep bluetooth always on and always connected, even if the phone goes into standby (which is does ~ backlight / display both off). There may also be internal settings to look for in bluetooth options.

Same problem I faced with my cingular 8525 (windows mobile 5), the bluetooth will disconnect mid-call after 2 to 5mins (varied).

I returned the phone - very frustrated. Seems like a Windows issue, no matter which phone it was on (treo, Hermes...).

Any real solution on this yet? I searched ZB12 but that is an update for Samsung A900 for Sprint.

My Treo 700w connection to the Pioneer AVIC-Z1 has failed during calls 99% of the time, if the call is over a minutes or two long. :( It also fails between calls, as evidenced by the "X" through the Bluetooth icon. I finally tried an LG Chocolate tonight, and it never failed during approximately 30 minutes of continuous calls while driving.

From postings I've seen, this is a common problem.

If anyone does find a cure, I'd be VERY interested!! Paying for the Bluetooth when it won't support my personal cell phone is a terrible waste! I can't yet prove it, but feel strongly that the entire problem is within the Treo (could be the Palm, or could be the Windows Mobile implementation). Thanks to anyone who can help!!

I have a Treo 650... it worked fine with my Avic-Z1 with ND-BT1 for one month... all of a sudden the Treo would lose the Bluetooth connection, but if I called a number directly in my Treo and not the Avic, the Bluetooth would turn on.

I called Treo and they tell me the Pioneer is not on their compatibility list.

So I tred a Nokia 6103 (wife's phone) and it worked like a charm. My Treo has been replaced 3 times in two months under warranty and has done a lot of weird things such as shutting off, reseting on its own. It's getting trashed, and trying to find a new good phone that will work with the Avic

I have a Samsung SGH D900 (black carbon) phone that just came out. I am having the same issue. . . .the phone will connect and then looses connection. The difference is - I cant get it to reconnect without resetting the AVIC Z1 and the phone. Im wondering if it is worth trying the bluetooth update (but dont want to disable my ducati bypass if its not going to help) . . . .anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

• 7 months later...